The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arturo Bandini
I actually used to like that album despite not being a fan of UKHH at all really

What do you listen to that's coming out the UK atm? Obviously there's all this new house and future garage type stuff but in terms of urban music since dubstep's gone **** and grime's gone **** and funky's died what do you listen to?
Reply 1981
making mix HipHop CD's is tough man. i'm starting to think it's easier/better to just burn albums.

Got a CD for nights out with the lad. One that just gasses my ego and makes me accelerate. One for old school HipHop (e.g. Jay Z Dirt off your shoulder).

I wanna make a cruising CD, nice mellow tone, like Loso or Jeezy
Reply 1982
Original post by Yawn11
making mix HipHop CD's is tough man. i'm starting to think it's easier/better to just burn albums.

Got a CD for nights out with the lad. One that just gasses my ego and makes me accelerate. One for old school HipHop (e.g. Jay Z Dirt off your shoulder).

I wanna make a cruising CD, nice mellow tone, like Loso or Jeezy

by cruising cd do u mean a cd with songs that u bust out in ur whip?
Reply 1983
wag1 hip hop soc.........what do you guys think is the acceptable minimum reaction to a dj playing swagger jagger in a club???
Reply 1984
Original post by 419
wag1 hip hop soc.........what do you guys think is the acceptable minimum reaction to a dj playing swagger jagger in a club???

bo selecta
Original post by defuzion

jheeze wait do you have a whip? If so... :frown:

mans still 17 its peak :frown:
Reply 1986
Original post by -Illmatic-
jheeze wait do you have a whip? If so... :frown:

mans still 17 its peak :frown:

nah no whip fam, but you should invest in driving lessons/test now. gettin a whip is the ultimate pussy magnet real talk lol. i dont need to drive cuz im livin in central atm
Original post by JCC-MGS
What do you listen to that's coming out the UK atm? Obviously there's all this new house and future garage type stuff but in terms of urban music since dubstep's gone **** and grime's gone **** and funky's died what do you listen to?

I can't even remember the last NEW uk artist that I really listened to a lot tbh. No good scenes about at the moment.

Or maybe I'm just off the pulse nowadays.
nah no whip fam, but you should invest in driving lessons/test now. gettin a whip is the ultimate pussy magnet real talk lol. i dont need to drive cuz im livin in central atm

cant be ****ed tbh..too much effort fam :tongue: yeah whats halls @ LSE like..if I end up going/getting in I DONT wanna live at home fo sho
if you want a car to get a gyal just take one
Reply 1990
cant be ****ed tbh..too much effort fam :tongue: yeah whats halls @ LSE like..if I end up going/getting in I DONT wanna live at home fo sho

what specifically do you want to know about the halls?

BTW jcc u posted a vid here ages ago some youths spittin bars in the alley whats the name of that vid?? i wanted to show someone
(edited 12 years ago)
what specifically do you want to know about the halls?

they're bound to be pretty pricey right? not sure if its worth the money but i really wouldnt want to miss out on the experience etc...how much you payin at the mo?
Reply 1992

Yeah man. I just got it two week ago, so my music selection is weak.

I'm feeling to just buy an mp3 for it, or just chill and save the splashing for a whip next year.
Reply 1993
they're bound to be pretty pricey right? not sure if its worth the money but i really wouldnt want to miss out on the experience etc...how much you payin at the mo?

I'm in one of the cheapest halls, and this is how much I pay. They also give you a lunchcard with fifteen quid topped up every week which you can use in the canteen for dinner at set times. Other than that if you're not cooking for yourself food as well can get pricey, I eat takeaways everyday and it'll come to like a tenner a day just on that if you're gonna eat a lot lol but if you make your own food its much cheaper

NOTE that the last term is only 3 weeks, so I'm going to be paying over a grand for 3 weeks worth of accommodation which is a total rip off and given that I have already signed the contract I can't opt out of the agreement. Its not that they only offer 3 weeks worth of accommodation, its that the uni term is only 3 weeks and obviously you're going to go back home after the uni term has ended and not stay in halls for an extra 7 weeks lol

Its up to you personally the experience is over-rated but thats only cause I didnt like the people that went to my halls
x

ah safe for dat

how comes you didnt like your hallmates (is that a word)

lol
Reply 1995
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Top 5 would be

Down the Freeway
Land of the slow
Failures not an option
I'm the one
On the grind

Ofc Ridin Dirty is sick as well :tongue:

oh yeah man land of the slow is my ****.

have u heard mjor pain 1.5? one of the projects of the year for me ( non albums).

also, do u listen to other texas ****, like all the chopped and screwed SUC, UGK, geto boys and k rino and them?
Reply 1996
ah safe for dat

how comes you didnt like your hallmates (is that a word)

lol

i didnt rly make an effort, not here to beg it to ppl lol. but mostly cuz the ppl here are like white middle class dickheads with skinny jeans or internationals that dont want to talk to you or social retards that talk about the environment and shiit and you're like beg you hsut up

doesnt rly effect me tho cuz most of my mates are in london anyway
Reply 1997
Original post by word2yamother
Never heard of him. I'll check him out.

He's not consistent with his stand ups, some of them are actually unfunny.

yeah maybe, but he made friday so he gets a pass lol.
Reply 1998

Just giving my 2 cents as well.....but like defuzion said, personal experience is way too overrated even if you do like the people you meet. I f you're going to a uni in london, I seriously recommend commuting eventhough fares are a bitch.
Reply 1999

Latest