The Student Room Group

Going to a concert alone- safety tips?

I am going to the wembley ova arena on friday for a concert. I am going by myself so i am a bit worried about safety. I'm not from london so im just a bit concerned. Is there any safety tips? Thanks!
The tube stations nearby are often closed after big concerts to avoid crushing and overcrowding. The police only let in a few at a time and hold crowds back to prevent too many being on the platform. So unless you're one of the earliest away, it could mean a wait of up to an hour if you're unlucky. This means people spread out and grab buses or walk to other tube stations instead or take an uber a few stations down the line, which is what my daughter did last time.

Unless you're going by coach??
Reply 2
Hey, how was the concert? I might also be going to ovo wembley for a concert alone, kinda nervous :\ (despite being kind of local)
Original post by spicycat
Hey, how was the concert? I might also be going to ovo wembley for a concert alone, kinda nervous :\ (despite being kind of local)

It was absolutely brilliant! I queued for a couple of hours outside of the venue and made friends with 2 other girls who both went by themselves. We still chat now! We enjoyed the concert I felt completely safe and we got McDonald’s and all walked to the tube together! I recommend talking to people and finding people to spend the evening with but it’s very easy to do that so strongly recommend
Reply 4
Original post by flamingolover
It was absolutely brilliant! I queued for a couple of hours outside of the venue and made friends with 2 other girls who both went by themselves. We still chat now! We enjoyed the concert I felt completely safe and we got McDonald’s and all walked to the tube together! I recommend talking to people and finding people to spend the evening with but it’s very easy to do that so strongly recommend

Sorry for the late reply, thanks sm for responding! so glad it went smoothly for you :smile:)*Will definitely try and speak to people. Can I ask how early you got there before the concert, and how busy the area/stations etc. were after the concert? Also, I have a seated ticket so was wondering if the lines for seated and standing are separate/if they're hard to navigate? Sorry for so many qs!
Original post by spicycat
Sorry for the late reply, thanks sm for responding! so glad it went smoothly for you :smile:)*Will definitely try and speak to people. Can I ask how early you got there before the concert, and how busy the area/stations etc. were after the concert? Also, I have a seated ticket so was wondering if the lines for seated and standing are separate/if they're hard to navigate? Sorry for so many qs!

I got to the concert 2 hours early to queue and I got a decent position but I was standing. The station was fairly busy when i left but as I went to McDonald’s (which was busy) I got the last tube which was pretty quiet. The stewards will direct you to where you need to go so just ask them and they’ll help. The queues are seperate and I don’t think you need to get there as early as I did as I queued for the best spot which you wouldn’t need to do
Reply 6
Original post by flamingolover
I got to the concert 2 hours early to queue and I got a decent position but I was standing. The station was fairly busy when i left but as I went to McDonald’s (which was busy) I got the last tube which was pretty quiet. The stewards will direct you to where you need to go so just ask them and they’ll help. The queues are seperate and I don’t think you need to get there as early as I did as I queued for the best spot which you wouldn’t need to do

got it, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest