The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Givin up bud for a bit, it's peak
Original post by bramz19
Just started watching Breaking Bad, can't stop

Such a sick show
In my top 5 evah, unless the final 2 seasons this year and next are ****.
[video="youtube;txDC17Yq5C0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txDC17Yq5C0[/video]
Reply 4824
Original post by Supah Hot Fire
Such a sick show

i confirm this

just started season 3
Original post by bramz19
Mates' flat, girlfriend's room, random other places, my room was basically a locker room for most of the year. Got a good 2:1, no 2:2s in any modules, so I did better than pretty much everyone save a few. I think that's like the 4th year in a row that no-one's got a 1st for first year LSE law.

well played!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
frank ocean came out...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6me6uSdO81qdrz3yo1_1280.png
Original post by bramz19
Just started watching Breaking Bad, can't stop

Breaking Bad is sick what season/eps are you on>
Reply 4829
Nas ft. Amy Winehouse - Cherry Wine

http://soundcloud.com/hardcandymusic/nas-ft-amy-winehouse-cherry

Sound quality is really poor doe
What people thinkin bout Frank Ocean comin out? I rate him tbh thought the blog post he did was well-written as well would like to see a short story collection or suttin from him
Original post by JCC-MGS
What people thinkin bout Frank Ocean comin out? I rate him tbh thought the blog post he did was well-written as well would like to see a short story collection or suttin from him

I agree, I don't listen to him or anyone in OF for that matter but I do respect him for coming out. He's still young and early in his career and has admitted to being bisexual, some of his fans may take it the wrong way and decide not to listen to him anymore, but what's more important, your self dignity, or losing a few ignorant *******s as fans?
Reply 4832
Original post by bramz19
The snippets of the Nas album have me thinking it's gonna be like The Dreamer/The Believer, but with a more wholesome feel. With that in mind I should love it, we should all love it, but I'm a bit uneasy about it anyway, could be a bit meh. Hopefully Nas will bring his best to it.

I agree - I'm getting a bit worried that by the time it's out I'd have heard it all already! In terms of album quality, Nas isn't exactly the most consistent (neither was Common) but I think they're taking their music back to their strengths. Less exploration but more refined quality. I do like what I've heard so far though. We'll find out soon enough.

Original post by JCC-MGS

I thought it was beautiful. I don't think it's particularly surprising tbh, but I do like the extra layer of context it gives this line.
He's a real, respectable artist - and I think we should all appreciate the way he came out. None of that bull**** like calling your album something attention-seeking such as "I'm Gay". I don't think the new generation of hip-hop (Odd Future, Black Hippy, A$AP etc etc) are the type to go all drive-by, "show no love to homo thugs" on any LGBT artists in this post-internet hip-hop world so that's cool.
It's really nothing to me whether he's gay or straight. As long as his music stays the same. Having said that though, he's in for a whirlwind of hate and abuse.
Original post by bramz19
Is he?

Him being gay fits right in with his music, fits like a dream. He writes so honestly and clearly, without pretension, in terms of his lyrics and that letter. I'm fairly ambivalent about the fact that he's gay, but I appreciate how it contributes to his music, which is in itself a reflection of him as a person and his experiences. After reading that letter, I was slightly uplifted.

My overall attitude to gays is: cool, just keep it to yourself. I'm slightly homophobic in that way, and generally the idea of homosexuality makes me a bit squeamish. But if a dude is gay, he's gay, and I'm not too fussed. If a mild homophobe like me feels slightly uplifted by the manner in which he came out, then I don't see what people can hate about it, nor how they could abuse him for coming out.

He's bisexual.
Reply 4835
Tbh labels such as 'gay' or 'bisexual' don't fit in that well with what he wrote - he said that he'd thought he'd been in love with girls, but his 'love' was a man.
So it's less a matter of either/or, and more of 'love whoever you love'.

It does fit with his music. I'm not bothered if someone's gay - I think it's a sin and isn't how it's supposed to be but it doesn't really affect me if someone's gay or whatever, they can go pursue relationships with whoever. It's their business, I won't hold it against anyone.

I don't think he'll be abused for it - the way people think about it is changing. And any artists that actually matter that don't like gays probably won't say a thing simply because of how good an artist he seems to be. Any fans of Frank Ocean's music shouldn't be surprised by the news, and I doubt he'd lose many fans.
I've got this terrible problem since I was a little kid, basically when I wake up/before I sleep I always lay on my belly then put my hand under my knob then start humping it whilst imagining im shagging someone... then after a minute or two I cum, and I have to change my boxers... so I change my boxers like 3 times a day.. I've been doing this since I was like 9, I used to call it "gee gee"
****in hell this house party I'm organising is getting out of hand and I only made the event invite an hour ago, can confirm my house will be ransacked
Original post by def-JAM-fuzion
I've got this terrible problem since I was a little kid, basically when I wake up/before I sleep I always lay on my belly then put my hand under my knob then start humping it whilst imagining im shagging someone... then after a minute or two I cum, and I have to change my boxers... so I change my boxers like 3 times a day.. I've been doing this since I was like 9, I used to call it "gee gee"

same

empty your inbox
I bit my finger whilst eating, its called bad luck - or is it? I hurt myself quite badly...

my dog is staring at me - im scared but its ok my cat is here to protect me... its 21:08, the 4th of July 2012.

I live with a house and my house is a nice thing it talks to me and I like it a lot, the walls are painted with rainbows and my cat disagrees

my dog is an old thing and I watch tv then have nightmares. I spend 18 hours a day listening to wu tang clan and eat nothing but drink water and eat meat

rain is cool and I see a lot of it - this week

Love and peace,

def jam fuzion

Latest