The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little
I think he is asking for tracks over that particular beat which did it justice bud.

No, Squeeks is the best and most under rated artist in UK:hand:, who would you say was better than Squeeks? because tbh I don't really rate any other artist in the UK, other than Squeeks.
Reading comprehension is obviously not this guy's strong suit.
Original post by e aí rapaz

:laugh:
Original post by purple hills
No, Squeeks is the best and most under rated artist in UK:hand:, who would you say was better than Squeeks? because tbh I don't really rate any other artist in the UK, other than Squeeks.

Best artist or best Hip-Hop artist?

I didn't really understand his quote tbh.:confused:
Original post by zKlown
Best artist or best Hip-Hop artist?

His the best UK Hip-Hop artist.
I didn't really understand his quote tbh.:confused:

Creepy gif, but it's all cool Fam.
Anyone listened to Fashawn - The Ecology or Jarren Benton - Slow Motion?

Loved Tetsuo & Youth also, favourite album of the year for me
Original post by Tomatochuckers

Agree on Tetsuo & Youth, BA.DA.$$ was better than I expected too.

I have heard some Jarren Benton too, he's pretty decent.

I used to like Hopsin out of Funk Volume too but that novelty soon wore off.
I've listened to Tetso and Youth twice before and didn't really feel it. Just listened to it and Lupe is actually pretty good. Don't think it beats TPAB tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zKlown
Agree on Tetsuo & Youth, BA.DA.$$ was better than I expected too.

I have heard some Jarren Benton too, he's pretty decent.

I used to like Hopsin out of Funk Volume too but that novelty soon wore off.

Yeah I liked B4 DA $$ as well. I think this is a very good year in general so far.
Squeeks-Presidential Musiq, is my favourite album from a British artist.

Overall Squeeks is the best in UK.:yes:

I will agree that Squeeks did well with Presidential - but you cannot seriously say he is the best in the UK. No one will replace king Jehst. Return of the Drifter is the best UK HH album that's ever come out.

Squeeks is awful. I'm not a fan of most UK artists but that's partially because I don't like grime as a genre. Hyperactive is a lot better. Lowkey and Akala who I'm sure you know too are better (the former retiring though so don't know if i can count that).

Skimmed through Fashawn's but not enough to comment.

Listened to Jarren Benton's Slow Motion. It's not too bad. Bit hit and miss. Some really good tracks and some which aren't great. Silence is one of his best so far. I know a few people who said it really 'hit them hard'.

v=ljk1erdtc1E
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dylantombides
Squeeks is awful. I'm not a fan of most UK artists but that's partially because I don't like grime as a genre. Hyperactive is a lot better. Lowkey and Akala who I'm sure you know too are better (the former retiring though so don't know if i can count that).

Listened to Jarren Benton's Slow Motion. It's not too bad. Bit hit and miss. Some really good tracks and some which aren't great. Silence is one of his best so far. I know a few people who said it really 'hit them hard'.

v=ljk1erdtc1E

Lowkey was not a grime artist. He was Hip-Hop.

The song in my sig is grime.

I am a very big Lowkey fan btw, and not just as a rapper.
Original post by dylantombides

v=ljk1erdtc1E

Yeah I thought Silence was the best out of his songs and that Guess Who's back was the best off The Ecology.

Very surprised to see Hyperactive mentioned here. I used to listen to his stuff 2-3 years ago (most of his stuff were covers back then - I quite liked them) but would be interesting to see how he's doing now.
Original post by zKlown
Lowkey was not a grime artist. He was Hip-Hop.

The song in my sig is grime.

I am a very big Lowkey fan btw, and not just as a rapper.

I really liked Lowkey before he became way too political and started making accusations. Any idea what he's doing now?
Original post by stargirl63
Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for some love songs in the hip hop genre...does anyone know any? Something along the lines of 21 questions, or Beauty - Fabolous ? So far Fabolous and J Cole are ok...but I really want more. I really like the hip hop edge that they give otherwise really lovely lyrics

I'm also a big fan of the Weeknd, but looking more towards hip hop.

Some of Hoodie Allen's stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile
KANO'S BACK (I know he's been back for a while but I've only just found this forum)
anyone else think he's (still) one of the best UK artists out?
I really liked Lowkey before he became way too political and started making accusations. Any idea what he's doing now?

Nah, he shut down all his social media accounts. So no idea.

It's a shame.

Latest