The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM2 ~ May 23rd 2012 ~ AS Chemistry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Oxidising Agent: Electron Acceptor
Reducing Agent: Electron Donator

Oidation: Loss of Electrons
Reduction: Gain of Electrons
what are the grade boundaries usually around?
Original post by Jack_Smith
Ive done everything yet i think i know nothing :/

You think you know nothing, in reality you know alot more than you think. Just stay calm in the exam and try your best... There's always retakes :smile:
Is the reducing product the thing that has been reduced? Or is it the product of what's left of the reducing agent?
Original post by The Bright Beast
what are the grade boundaries usually around?

I think June 11 was 79/100 for an A :smile:
Original post by m rowe29
You think you know nothing, in reality you know alot more than you think. Just stay calm in the exam and try your best... There's always retakes :smile:

Im trying to to not think of retakes cause that puts me back of other things! im just worried for questions about alcohols :/
I shall be going in to school now. Good luck to everybody, keep your head in the exam and if it seems like you haven't learnt anything to do with a particular question, remember that they're probably trying to get you to apply something you already know.

Back in a few hours to check my answers with the unofficial mark scheme :biggrin:
Reply 1987
Original post by Seanyboy57
I shall be going in to school now. Good luck to everybody, keep your head in the exam and if it seems like you haven't learnt anything to do with a particular question, remember that they're probably trying to get you to apply something you already know.

Back in a few hours to check my answers with the unofficial mark scheme :biggrin:

Samee,

good luck all :biggrin:
I still have half an hour to kill before I leave, gah :lol:
Just going to continue going through the mark schemes I think.
Isomerism!

An isomer is something that has the same structural formula but...

Stereoisomerism: ...atoms arrranged differently in space
Positional Isomerism: ...functional group on a different position along the carbon chain
Functional group isomerism: ...different functional group attached to the carbon chain
Chain isomerism: ...different hydrocarbon chain length
Hey I'm not supposed to post anything here but as you'll are senior students of Chemistry I hope anyone here would solve a problem.
In the IGCSE exam they gave a graph which shows Volume of CO2 being produced vs Time in an experiment investigating rate of reaction and concentration of acid. They told us to add to the grid a sketch of a graph representing a reaction in the same conditions but with only half the concentration of the acidic reactant. OK the initial gradient (ROR) had to be less than the other graph but how long will the reaction take to complete, when compared with the other graph. I sketched the graph showing it levveling off to be parallel to the time axis just before the previous graph levels off. Is this correct? The *&%*ing textbook suggested that the half the conc reaction should come into completion after the full conc reaction does. bBt I think that's wrong. Doesn't the full concentration reaction too reach a point of half the concentration that resembles the initial moments of the half the concentration reaction?
If anyone knows if I am right or wrong please quote and reply. Thanks
Reply 1991
i think i got 0 ums
Original post by Seanyboy57
For mechanisms, yes, they just use structural formulae on the mark scheme to save space :smile:

Excellent - thank you!

Good luck everyone!
Got to get ready to leave now.
Good luck everyone, see you for the nervous post-exam discussion :wink:
Original post by berryripple
Got to get ready to leave now.
Good luck everyone, see you for the nervous post-exam discussion :wink:

Discussion/crying in a hole.
Original post by wcp100
Discussion/crying in a hole.

Precisely :biggrin:
Good luck!
Reply 1996
20 minutes left :ssssssssssssssssssssssss
Reply 1997
v Next post will probably be after the exam, GOOD LUCK.
Reply 1998
Good luck everyone.
Hey I'm not supposed to post anything here but as you'll are senior students of Chemistry I hope anyone here would solve a problem.
In the IGCSE exam they gave a graph which shows Volume of CO2 being produced vs Time in an experiment investigating rate of reaction and concentration of acid. They told us to add to the grid a sketch of a graph representing a reaction in the same conditions but with only half the concentration of the acidic reactant. OK the initial gradient (ROR) had to be less than the other graph but how long will the reaction take to complete, when compared with the other graph. I sketched the graph showing it levveling off to be parallel to the time axis just before the previous graph levels off. Is this correct? The *&%*ing textbook suggested that the half the conc reaction should come into completion after the full conc reaction does. bBt I think that's wrong. Doesn't the full concentration reaction too reach a point of half the concentration that resembles the initial moments of the half the concentration reaction?
If anyone knows if I am right or wrong please quote and reply. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending