The Student Room Group

Creamfields 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Faithy808
Anyone else working Creamfields??? x

yes ! :smile: im working as a steward, going down on my own though, i would like to know some people before i go though xx
Reply 61
Original post by dobbs
Hey! Are you working with Festaff? A number of different agencies provide bar staff it seems!

I'm from Newcastle but actually I now live in Cambridge, how about you?

No, I applied directly through the website. Which bar are you on ?
I'm from Telford :smile:
Reply 62
Is anyone that's working there getting the 2:15 shuttle bus by any chance?
working as a steward :smile: and going down on my own any one else ??? xxx
Reply 64
Original post by pooce
No, I applied directly through the website. Which bar are you on ?
I'm from Telford :smile:

Ah you must be paid staff then, which means you'll probably be working both Saturday and Sunday?

I'm through an agency where we don't get paid but we just work Friday and Saturday evenings and then are free to enjoy the festival after we finish on Saturday night, so Sunday (DEADMAU5!!!!) I am freeeee :biggrin:

We don't get assigned a bar until we turn up :smile: I did it last year too!

Original post by Charlotte Hughes
yes ! :smile: im working as a steward, going down on my own though, i would like to know some people before i go though xx

Are you a paid staff or through something like Festaff?

There's a group on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/groups/322539391173430/ which although only originally for people going through Festaff, has attracted anyone who's working there, so maybe join it?

There will be loads going on their own - I went on my own last year and made loads of good friends, 2 of which I'm heading back there this year with :smile:
Reply 65
Hi guys!!!

I am going to Creamfields and I am a complete novice to Festivals but just could not pass up the chance to see all these great acts performing in one weekend. I have just a few questions to those of u who know a thing or two about Creamfields and I will be very grateful if you helped me with some answers:

1) Do Hospitality Tickets mean you can also get into the other tents or see DJs on the other stages? So can u basically roam around?

2) And what does the Hospitality Tent give you anyway that makes the ticket more pricey?

3) What should I prepare in advance? I have clothing sorted (wellies and hoodies). I will not be camping. What else should I bring? Food, alcohol, etc?

4) And lastly, is it advisable to drive? I know the site itself is in the middle of nowhere but I am scared to drive because I fear long queues of traffic.

Once again, I will be very grateful for any help/advice you can give.

Thanks again.

Susanna :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by ponilo
Hi guys!!!

I am going to Creamfields and I am a complete novice to Festivals but just could not pass up the chance to see all these great acts performing in one weekend. I have just a few questions to those of u who know a thing or two about Creamfields and I will be very grateful if you helped me with some answers:

1) Do Hospitality Tickets mean you can also get into the other tents or see DJs on the other stages? So can u basically roam around?

With any tickets you can get to the north and south stages and every tent in the arena. However with hospitality there is one extra tent (the hospitality tent!) where there will be nicer toilets, a shorter queue for the bar, and less crowding as well as DJs on in there.

2) And what does the Hospitality Tent give you anyway that makes the ticket more pricey?

Just answered that!

3) What should I prepare in advance? I have clothing sorted (wellies and hoodies). I will not be camping. What else should I bring? Food, alcohol, etc?

Yes, food and alcohol. How are you not camping? There are no other options, unless you've booked one of the pre-erected tents or the little huts etc, but I'd still count that as camping. Just google "festival checklist" or something like that and you'll find loads of hints and tips.

4) And lastly, is it advisable to drive? I know the site itself is in the middle of nowhere but I am scared to drive because I fear long queues of traffic.

You can drive if you like, but yes there will be long queues of traffic. It's up to you, otherwise there are shuttle buses from local train stations. See the Creamfields website for more information on that. Or you could book a taxi from a local train station.
Original post by dobbs

With any tickets you can get to the north and south stages and every tent in the arena. However with hospitality there is one extra tent (the hospitality tent!) where there will be nicer toilets, a shorter queue for the bar, and less crowding as well as DJs on in there.

Just answered that!

Yes, food and alcohol. How are you not camping? There are no other options, unless you've booked one of the pre-erected tents or the little huts etc, but I'd still count that as camping. Just google "festival checklist" or something like that and you'll find loads of hints and tips.

You can drive if you like, but yes there will be long queues of traffic. It's up to you, otherwise there are shuttle buses from local train stations. See the Creamfields website for more information on that. Or you could book a taxi from a local train station.

Hospitality is also hosted by Hed Kandi which further adds to the costs.
I presume you will be allowed to take cans of booze in, just not bottles?
Anyone got 3 day standard camping who wants to camp close by so we can go rave? :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Herbivore92
I presume you will be allowed to take cans of booze in, just not bottles?

1 x create of cans or 1 x bottle of spirits in a plastic bottle.

No glass bottles allowed.
Original post by ponilo

Driving is a great shout, depending on where you're coming from and how many of you are going. If you live up that way, it's probably a better idea getting a shuttle bus. Traffic, again will depend on where you're coming from because it is a bank holiday weekend.

I drove up last year, and am doing the same this year. Mainly just hate being sat in a coach because I can't smoke. Ha.

I'm driving from Bristol, petrol between 5 of us is so much cheaper than trains/coaches etc and parking is cheap there for the weekend.
Just a quick one if anyones still up thats going tomorrow, I know theres a limit on how much alcohol you can take. But it just says a limit on drink, does this mean if I take a couple bottles of Coke then they're not gonna let me keep em? Or is the limit just for alcoholic drinks?
Reply 73
Original post by sii217
Just a quick one if anyones still up thats going tomorrow, I know theres a limit on how much alcohol you can take. But it just says a limit on drink, does this mean if I take a couple bottles of Coke then they're not gonna let me keep em? Or is the limit just for alcoholic drinks?

Just a limit on alcohol, you can bring as many non alcoholic drinks as you desire. I think the crate limit is 24 cans.

What food is everyone bringing?

Anyone bringing fancy dress?
I'm just leaving now. Woo!! Let's do it!!

I'll probably go for crisps, sandwiches, oranges and bananas.
Reply 75
Creamfields has been forced to close its entrances after the festival site was hit by heavy flooding overnight.

Fans due to attend the dance festival in Daresbury, Cheshire today (August 26) will not be admitted. A message on the Creamfields Facebook page posted earlier this morning reads: "Due to adverse weather conditions overnight anyone with a ticket for today's event should not come to site. The site is currently closed and access will not be granted. Further updates will follow."

However, organisers have made no announcements about forcibly evacuating the site or cancelling today's programme of events. A message on the Creamfields website adds: "No serious casualties have been reported and Cheshire Police and partner agencies are supporting event organisers in ensuring the safety and welfare of festival goers during this time."

The message also advises that "festival goers attempting to leave the site should follow the directions of event staff to ensure the best exit route". Further updates from the organisers will follow in due course.

Today (August 26) is the final day of Creamfields 2012, which bills itself as "the world's leading dance music festival" and has taken place on the Daresbury site since 2008. Acts scheduled to perform today include Calvin Harris, deadmau5, Axwell, Sub Focus and Tiësto.

NME
Reply 76
just got home. feel like crying
Original post by JMack
just got home. feel like crying

Absolute shambles, highly doubt we're gonna get any sort of refund either.
Reply 78
WHY.

It was only a bit of mud....
Reply 79
Poorly organised! Why were contingency plans not put in place? More gravel and wood chips on the main paths, and in the arena area itself would have sufficed. I feel like warm apple pie was put in front of me, and then taken away just as i'm about to taste it. :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest