The Student Room Group

AQA CHEM1: 15th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moose5515
Would be alright to put cracking instead of thermal cracking as the name of the process of breaking down long chains into small chains? It becer said what type of cracking like in jan just **** is the process called

A good point. You might well get away with 'cracking' here - it depends on the feedback from the papers.
Original post by jodiedoodles
For the question about why Hydrogen bonds would not form, would it be okay to say as the molecule contains no Nitrogen, Oxygen or Flourine atoms, and Hydrogen bonds only form between Hydrogen atoms and Nitrogen, Oxygen or Flourine. Everyone seems to have wrote something about electronegativity :frown:

I doubt it. I think electronegativity difference is the only thing that will score here.
Reply 1202
For the question about why Hydrogen bonds would not form, would it be okay to say as the molecule contains no Nitrogen, Oxygen or Flourine atoms, and Hydrogen bonds only form between Hydrogen atoms and Nitrogen, Oxygen or Flourine. Everyone seems to have wrote something about electronegativity :frown:

that is what i put as well :s-smilie:
would ypu get mark for h20 instesd of h2
Original post by unbelievable
would ypu get mark for h20 instesd of h2

No. I'm afraid not.
Original post by tony_dolby
I doubt it. I think electronegativity difference is the only thing that will score here.

My chemistry teacher looked at the paper and he said it would be what I said, he could easily be getting confused though :frown: I hope I get credit for it!
My chemistry teacher looked at the paper and he said it would be what I said, he could easily be getting confused though :frown: I hope I get credit for it!

I hope so, but in my experience with this specification it seems unlikely.
I hope so, but in my experience with this specification it seems unlikely.

Yeah, AQA can be horrible when it comes to mark schemes :frown:
Original post by JDMUFC
for the question which asked us to predict the bond angle, will I still get the mark for stating 109 degrees?

Yes:smile:....I put 109.5 degrees....but i have seen a few mark schemes which would accept something between 108-109.5.
But I think they will definately accept your answer....so don't worry....you can't do anything about it now anyway. :smile:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's always nice to see a fellow man utd fan.....GGMU
Original post by cuckoo99
really ? i drew 2-methlyprop-1-ene

Yes so did I...I just hope it could be that as well, cos I messed up the above ques and said that it was but-2-ene and lost marks for that also :frown:
thanks! didn't get a chance to say that before so same principle applies, even for krypton, now you spelt it out it makes sense:smile:
Original post by cuckoo99
really ? i drew 2-methlyprop-1-ene

This isn't a functional group isomer of the alkene in the question because it contains the same functional group. Cyclobutane or methylcyclopropane are the only things that will score here.
I didnt round my answer to 85.6 for the realtive atomic mass question, i out 85.57, will i still the marks ?
and also, for the cyclobutan, did u have to say "CHCH....." or did u have to draw the molceule ?
any idea's on grade boundaries people?
anyone got the paper for this exam? would really appreciate it :smile:
Reply 1215
This isn't a functional group isomer of the alkene in the question because it contains the same functional group. Cyclobutane or methylcyclopropane are the only things that will score here.

hw would u knw is something is cyclic?
Reply 1216
anyone know where i can find June 2012 CHEM1 AQA question paper and markscheme?!?! pleaseee
Original post by Anjna
anyone know where i can find June 2012 CHEM1 AQA question paper and markscheme?!?! pleaseee

I dont think that one will be posted online now because many schools use hat paper for mocks. You could probably find the question paper if you look hard but it's going to be almost impossible to find the mark scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending