The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 | 15th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies Paper 1 go for you?

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: 15th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023

We hope the exam went well!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is it possible to predict questions from past papers from anyone seating Catholic Christianity. If so how?
Reply 2
Does any1 have revision notes for the rs exam tomorrow only revising now and im regretting it thanks
Reply 3
I do Edexcel and the quote is "Jesus had to die". The topic is Christian beliefs.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by rabiiii379
Does any1 have revision notes for the rs exam tomorrow only revising now and im regretting it thanks

BBC Bitesize saved my life for RS, revised yesterday from there: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zb48q6f
Some things aren't covered thoroughly when you select Edexcel but are on the spec, if you look at AQA RS on Bitesize it's in a lot more detail and somehow covers the spec better for some aspects depending on the religions you're studying. If it's not there just search up on google and it'll come up! :smile:
Edexcel Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zm9pd6f
AQA Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zjgx47h
If you can't find it there search your exam board and religion / topic in Quizlet, you're guaranteed to find something there!
Good luck with your exams!! :biggrin:
Reply 5

use HAZ revision (on utube), i made so many useful notes from him
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
bitesize is so good tbh
Reply 7
Original post by Grey007
BBC Bitesize saved my life for RS, revised yesterday from there: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zb48q6f
Some things aren't covered thoroughly when you select Edexcel but are on the spec, if you look at AQA RS on Bitesize it's in a lot more detail and somehow covers the spec better for some aspects depending on the religions you're studying. If it's not there just search up on google and it'll come up! :smile:
Edexcel Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zm9pd6f
AQA Bitesize: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/examspecs/zjgx47h
If you can't find it there search your exam board and religion / topic in Quizlet, you're guaranteed to find something there!
Good luck with your exams!! :biggrin:

I saw this late but i used aqa notes cus the spec is quite similar thank u so much!!!!! GL tomorrow
Reply 8
Original post by limbobimbo
use HAZ revision (on utube), i made so many useful notes from him

they dont have hinduism but ill use it for the Christianity paper thanks tho
Reply 9
they dont have hinduism but ill use it for the Christianity paper thanks tho

yhh they dont sadly, i do Judaism + C.C so i was saved
Hey :smile: How did everyone find it?
Reply 11
Original post by Evil Homer

Alright! I personally thought it went really well! Only one question that caught me off guard - however it was only a 3 marker.
Original post by Brandon2006
Alright! I personally thought it went really well! Only one question that caught me off guard - however it was only a 3 marker.

That's amazing to hear! Well done :smile: Do you remember what the question was?
Original post by Evil Homer

It went okay. The 12 marker on pilgrimage was quite nasty, aswell as the C question on sacrament of the sick. Everything else was okay!
Reply 14
hunger cloth, god as the father and Sacrament of the sick questions were wack, but overall not that bad of an exam
Reply 15
I do edexcel B 1c (islam) it was really meh, some questions were great some were really bad.
To any future year 11 reading this wanting the questions feel free to message me on tiktok @flrscntly for all of them <3
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 16
Original post by flrscntly
I do edexcel B 1c (islam) it was really meh, some questions were great some were really bad.
To any future year 11 watching this wanting the questions feel free to message me on tiktok @flrscntly for all of them <3

Same!!!
I thought the paper went quite well tbfh . what did you find hard?
did anyone do edexcel studies b paper 1b christianity? 5 marker on pilgrimage was horrible
Original post by Vic Vinegar

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information

Date/Time: 15th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023

We hope the exam went well!
Reply 18
Original post by lol123.
Same!!!
I thought the paper went quite well tbfh . what did you find hard?

the extended family one just made me want to cry, i wrote a decent response but it could’ve been better and for some reason even thought it was actually very easy the last question??? idk i literally blanked out
Reply 19
i jist said that luke 2 details how jesus and his family went to jerusalem and went to a temple to listen to a sermon
and also christians may visit sites that marked significant events. e.g the cenacle where the eucharist was instituted and the via dolorosa which is the route jesus took to golgotha to get crucified

Original post by sumeya123…
did anyone do edexcel studies b paper 1b christianity? 5 marker on pilgrimage was horrible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending