The Student Room Group

Computer security & Forensics

Is anyone doing this course next year? And if yeah what universities have you applied for? 😊

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1
Original post by Rhoodje
Is anyone doing this course next year? And if yeah what universities have you applied for? 😊

Yeah, I am hoping to do this course too!

I have applied for

Leeds Met
Manchester Met
Sheffield Hallam
Bournemouth Uni
Bristol UWE
Reply 2
I'm confused on what to do. Computer Forensics or Computer Games Technology - Both are in LJMU.
Reply 3
Original post by JohnJohn17
Yeah, I am hoping to do this course too!

I have applied for

Leeds Met
Manchester Met
Sheffield Hallam
Bournemouth Uni
Bristol UWE

I've applied for both Sheffield Hallam and Bournemouth Uni! :smile:

Reply 4
Original post by Jamie95
I'm confused on what to do. Computer Forensics or Computer Games Technology - Both are in LJMU.

It's up to you love.
What uni's did you apply to? :smile:

Reply 5
Original post by Rhoodje
It's up to you love.
What uni's did you apply to? :smile:

All of my 5 choices were for LJMU. :smile:

Cyber Security
Computer Forensics
Computer Games Technology
Computer Animation & Visualisation
Software Engineering
Reply 6
Original post by Rhoodje
I've applied for both Sheffield Hallam and Bournemouth Uni! :smile:

I suppose there is some possibility we could end up together! What sort of things did you write in your Personal Statement? I am trying to finish mine off now!

Original post by Jamie95
All of my 5 choices were for LJMU. :smile:

Cyber Security
Computer Forensics
Computer Games Technology
Computer Animation & Visualisation
Software Engineering

Did you go to an Open Day for any? I guess you don't want to leave Liverpool then! It really helped my choice when I went to an Open Day, changed from Computer Science to Comp Forensics & Security..
Reply 7
Original post by JohnJohn17
Did you go to an Open Day for any? I guess you don't want to leave Liverpool then! It really helped my choice when I went to an Open Day, changed from Computer Science to Comp Forensics & Security..

I totally forgot about the open day, I was supposed to go on the 31st but I didn't apply for it or whatever you do. And also, I do not want to leave Liverpool! :tongue: I wouldn't mind leaving Liverpool when I am working, but as I am a student, I don't know what it would be like.

Hopefully they will have another open day in 2013 which I will definitely go to. However, I am going to the applicant day which talks mainly about the IT Courses that I applied to. I sent my application form off today and will hopefully get my place reserved.

Good Luck in choosing your university and course! :smile:
University of Derby we offer Computer security & Forensics, computer games programming and many more. Why not check us out @ www.derby.ac.uk and see what we offer and whether its right for you! Good luck guys.
Reply 9
hi im doing this course next year and ive applied to bournemouth, canterbury, birmingham city and glamorgan gut i have an offer back from all of them apart from canterbury :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ejedenawe
hi im doing this course next year and ive applied to bournemouth, canterbury, birmingham city and glamorgan gut i have an offer back from all of them apart from canterbury :smile:

Woooo I've applied for bournemouth :smile: and I received all 5 offers as well:smile: I might see you there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Napier, Northumbria and Sunderland :smile:

Got offers from Northumbria so I'm over the moon with that :smile:

Went to Northumbria's open day and the staff there sold it to me so much
Reply 12
Original post by Rhoodje
Woooo I've applied for bournemouth :smile: and I received all 5 offers as well:smile: I might see you there haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

hell yea looking forward to it!!
Reply 13
eeee i'm doing this course in September! I've got four out of five offers at the moment from Bournemouth, Canterbury, De Montfort, Plymouth and just waiting for Glasgow Caledonian to reply back :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by hevvv
eeee i'm doing this course in September! I've got four out of five offers at the moment from Bournemouth, Canterbury, De Montfort, Plymouth and just waiting for Glasgow Caledonian to reply back :smile:

I've applied for Bournemouth too:smile:
Have you been or are you going to their applicant open days? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Rhoodje
I've applied for Bournemouth too:smile:
Have you been or are you going to their applicant open days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been twice! I really loved it the first time and it was originally my firm choice, the second time I went didn't like it as much so I might think about going a third time to make up my mind! How about you? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by hevvv
I've been twice! I really loved it the first time and it was originally my firm choice, the second time I went didn't like it as much so I might think about going a third time to make up my mind! How about you? :smile:

I havent had the time to visit :frown:
What did you learn about the course? What do you like about it and why didnt you like it as much when you went there for the second time? 😊
Sorry for bombarding you with questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by Rhoodje
I havent had the time to visit :frown:
What did you learn about the course? What do you like about it and why didnt you like it as much when you went there for the second time? 😊
Sorry for bombarding you with questions :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :frown: there's more applicant days at the end of March! It was just an overview on the framework and what we should expect from each module. We were told about the pathways as well, for instance, the first year is an general computing year, then you decide upon your course route for second and later years! That way you can change your course decision from the first year. The first time I went the lecturer really knew what he was talking about and really engaged the audience though the second time I went it was a different lecturer and she really seemed like she knew nothing and didn't understand the questions so it wasn't that ideal. I really liked the university and it's surroundings though, I just also wish the forensics lab was a bit better, similar to that of De Montforts! So I think it'll be probably be best to go back after I've been to two more other open days (De Montfort and Canterbury on Saturday!) to compare and see how I find it then! Oh don't worry, it's fine!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending