The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

University Of Aberdeen Freshers 2013-14

So. Who else is excited, even if it's a bit early?
Also, for those of you who don't know, we have a fresher's facebook group going =)
You can find it by searching "University of Aberdeen Freshers 2013 - 14" or ask me and I'll send you a link.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm excited! What are you studying?
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
Fingers crossed I get into Aberdeen :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by fletchdd02
Fingers crossed I get into Aberdeen :smile:

Good luck! What have you applied for?
Reply 4
Original post by angelooo
Good luck! What have you applied for?

Thank you, I've applied for medicine :smile: What about you?
Reply 5

Oh wow, that's awesome! I'm doing accountancy and finance :smile:. Fingers crossed you hear back soon, a friend of mine is still waiting for a reply for medicine too, so you're definitely not alone :smile:.
Reply 6
Oh wow, that's awesome! I'm doing accountancy and finance :smile:. Fingers crossed you hear back soon, a friend of mine is still waiting for a reply for medicine too, so you're definitely not alone :smile:.

Ah cool, are you from Scotland or not? I'm supposed to find out in the next 2-3 weeks, it's a horrible nervous wait! :redface:
Reply 7
Ah cool, are you from Scotland or not? I'm supposed to find out in the next 2-3 weeks, it's a horrible nervous wait! :redface:

Yeah, I already live in Aberdeen :smile:, are you nearby or will you be coming from a distance? Did you apply for anywhere else too?
I've spent the past two weeks freaking out over the time it was taking, haha, I wasn't worried about it until it hit March. I can't even explain the feeling I got when I saw the email from ucas though, haha, I'm just glad it was good news!
Reply 8
Yeah, I already live in Aberdeen :smile:, are you nearby or will you be coming from a distance? Did you apply for anywhere else too?
I've spent the past two weeks freaking out over the time it was taking, haha, I wasn't worried about it until it hit March. I can't even explain the feeling I got when I saw the email from ucas though, haha, I'm just glad it was good news!

Ah right, what's the nightlife and the city like generally? I'm struggling to find people's opinions on it really!

I'm from Leeds, so it's a fair old trek! No everywhere else I applied was south of Leeds; Bristol, Leeds and Nottingham!

Yeah I have a heart attack everytime I get any sort of email from any uni!
Reply 9
Ah right, what's the nightlife and the city like generally? I'm struggling to find people's opinions on it really!

I'm from Leeds, so it's a fair old trek! No everywhere else I applied was south of Leeds; Bristol, Leeds and Nottingham!

Yeah I have a heart attack everytime I get any sort of email from any uni!

The city is alright, everything is really easy to get to, I'm kind of over the nightlife at the minute though, haha. Doesn't really help that I've discovered I'm intolerant to alcohol though so that's definitely put a downer on things! There's plenty to do though, and the people are all usually really nice. 9 times out of 10, if you lose your friends on a night out you just end up making more haha, we're a nice bunch, us Aberdonians.

Oh cool, one of the guys I work with is from Leeds and he does medicine up here too :smile:.
Reply 10
The city is alright, everything is really easy to get to, I'm kind of over the nightlife at the minute though, haha. Doesn't really help that I've discovered I'm intolerant to alcohol though so that's definitely put a downer on things! There's plenty to do though, and the people are all usually really nice. 9 times out of 10, if you lose your friends on a night out you just end up making more haha, we're a nice bunch, us Aberdonians.

Oh cool, one of the guys I work with is from Leeds and he does medicine up here too :smile:.

Yeah I was concerned because although I'm there primarily for the education, the nightlife is an incredibly important part of my life :wink: I think I'll need to learn the accent first, my taxi driver's accent went straight over my head haha!

Ah cool, do you know if he's enjoying it?
Reply 11
Yeah I was concerned because although I'm there primarily for the education, the nightlife is an incredibly important part of my life :wink: I think I'll need to learn the accent first, my taxi driver's accent went straight over my head haha!

Ah cool, do you know if he's enjoying it?

The nightlife is really good, don't get me wrong, but it's just kind of samey for me just now, haha, I'm in desperate need of a holiday! Literally counting down the days to get away for a bit. Basically all of the clubs and bars are within one mile of each other and there's a student night every weeknight :smile:.
Taxi drivers seem to have a language of their own though hahaha, I wouldn't worry too much :smile:.

He loves it! He always has some really funny stories from placement too (although he probably shouldn't tell us the things he does).
Reply 12
The nightlife is really good, don't get me wrong, but it's just kind of samey for me just now, haha, I'm in desperate need of a holiday! Literally counting down the days to get away for a bit. Basically all of the clubs and bars are within one mile of each other and there's a student night every weeknight :smile:.
Taxi drivers seem to have a language of their own though hahaha, I wouldn't worry too much :smile:.

He loves it! He always has some really funny stories from placement too (although he probably shouldn't tell us the things he does).

Ah cool, that's nice news to hear! I can't wait either, August the 4th cannot come soon enough, Zante boys holiday! :biggrin:

Ah good good, no he probably shouldn't but ah well :smile:
Reply 13
Ah cool, that's nice news to hear! I can't wait either, August the 4th cannot come soon enough, Zante boys holiday! :biggrin:

Ah good good, no he probably shouldn't but ah well :smile:

That's awesome! Where are you staying in Zante, if you don't mind me asking? Two of my friends are working there for the summer, one of them did it last year and she loved it!

Hahaha he never mentions names if that makes it any better?
yeah I can't wait!

I'm coming from Cheshire (although I'm a shetlander by birth)

Absolutely buzzing.
Reply 15

Oh good luck! One of my friends studies medicine at Aberdeen and he really loves the course. I'm starting Aberdeen in September :smile:
Reply 16
I hope to study International Relations and German and I'm coming from Northern Ireland :biggrin:
Reply 17
That's awesome! Where are you staying in Zante, if you don't mind me asking? Two of my friends are working there for the summer, one of them did it last year and she loved it!

Hahaha he never mentions names if that makes it any better?

I cannot wait! We're staying at the Ionis Art hotel :smile: Ah cool, I'd love to work somewhere like that!

Yeah that's fine then, patient confidentiality and all that :P
Reply 18
Hi!
I hope to be studying Economics this year at Aberdeen and I thought I'd show up on this thread !:tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by bananaboat
Hi!
I hope to be studying Economics this year at Aberdeen and I thought I'd show up on this thread !:tongue:

Hey! I'm going to do English and Scottish literature. I think we'd come under the same school: humanities and social sciences :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending