The Student Room Group

Mass problem

Hey tsr
My teacher mentioned something about the limiting factor for this question but what does that mean?
So far I've got the moles of Zinc Oxide (0.0473)
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1381770471.782458.jpg can anyone help? (Question 7 and sorry for the bad photo quality!)
Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Not a limiting factor, but a limiting reagent. There is not enough of one of the substances to completely react with the other (so one substance will react to the end, while excess of the other will be left after the reaction ends).

Calculate how many moles of HCl are required to react with 3.56 g of HCl. Do you have that much?

Calculate how many grams of ZnO are required to react with 0.0830 moles of HCl. Do you have that much?
Reply 2
Original post by Borek
Not a limiting factor, but a limiting reagent. There is not enough of one of the substances to completely react with the other (so one substance will react to the end, while excess of the other will be left after the reaction ends).

Calculate how many moles of HCl are required to react with 3.56 g of HCl. Do you have that much?

Calculate how many grams of ZnO are required to react with 0.0830 moles of HCl. Do you have that much?

That makes sense to me now, thank you very much! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest