The Student Room Group

Graph of power against number of resistors in parallel

Need help with a question! You are given a graph of power against n ,number resistors in parallel, and the graph is a curve. The question asks you to predict the internal resistance.
Reply 1
I think: no resistors \rightarrow only resistance caused by internal resistance.

Oh, and r=v2Pr=\dfrac{v^2}{P}
(edited 9 years ago)
Yeah y intercept would give the power when there's only the internal resistor but I don't know where to go from there to actually get the internal resistance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maximum power transfer theorem!
What's the maximum power transfer theorem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by That_average_guy
What's the maximum power transfer theorem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look it up on Google!
Look for relationship between internal resistance and external resistance at maximum power.
Ok will do, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stonebridge
Look it up on Google!
Look for relationship between internal resistance and external resistance at maximum power.

I've had a look at the theorem and I'm pretty sure I now understand. Would I be right in saying that in order to find the internal resistance I would have to look at the resistance when the power is at a maximum?
Original post by That_average_guy
I've had a look at the theorem and I'm pretty sure I now understand. Would I be right in saying that in order to find the internal resistance I would have to look at the resistance when the power is at a maximum?

Yes, that's it.

Quick Reply

Latest