The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology B2 Friday 6th June

Scroll to see replies

Which graph did you guys choose for the mass of the catalyst? I chose the one that had a horizontal line

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
Which graph did you guys choose for the mass of the catalyst? I chose the one that had a horizontal line

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your right.

I accidentally did the A. As I never read question probs. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. I put that. :')
does anyone know what

y=(ax)
y= af(x)

does to graphs?
Guys in the chem exam when it asks what slows down a reaction, what were the options? I don't know if i put smaller surface area or larger surface area. I can't even remember the options. So confused.
Original post by nightstars
Guys in the chem exam when it asks what slows down a reaction, what were the options? I don't know if i put smaller surface area or larger surface area. I can't even remember the options. So confused.

It was smaller surface area :smile: if you think about a square, only one side can be reached by the reactant particles. If you have a cube there are more sides that can be collided with. Therefore, with a small surface area it will cause a decrease in the rate of reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 646
Original post by BeeBuzz
It was smaller surface area :smile: if you think about a square, only one side can be reached by the reactant particles. If you have a cube there are more sides that can be collided with. Therefore, with a small surface area it will cause a decrease in the rate of reaction.

Posted from TSR Mobile

isn't it using diluted acid as there is a lower concentration?
Original post by BeeBuzz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both are wrong.

There was no option for smaller surface area; it was smaller pieces of an substance. But this increases surface area. Larger surface area also increases rate of reaction.

The other two options were "increasing volume of hcl acid" or making it more dilute.

Increase in concentration ---> increase in rate of reaction.

So the answer is dilute acid because there are less concentration particles thus decreasing rate of reactions.

Option A was correct:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j5994
isn't it using diluted acid as there is a lower concentration?

Someone I know put this but my revision guide says smaller surface area. I'm not too sure what i put.
Someone I know put this but my revision guide says smaller surface area. I'm not too sure what i put.

There was no option for this.

Decreasing concentration particles leads to less collisions thus rate of reaction is decreased.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by k.bryan4
does anyone know what

y=(ax)
y= af(x)

does to graphs?

If it's function transformations you're talking about, then f(x)+k, where the number is outside the bracket, would cause the function to either move up or down. Positive numbers means moving up and negative means moving down, the function still keeping it's shape. F(x+1), where the number is inside, causes the function to move either left or right. A negative number causes the function to move right and a positive number causes the function to move left. This is because the function moves the opposite way to what is said inside the brackets, along the x-axis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 651
Anyone else find P2 Nov 2012 difficult? 51 for A* wtf, compared to last years
Original post by j5994
Anyone else find P2 Nov 2012 difficult? 51 for A* wtf, compared to last years

I got 48 for that, it wasn't too bad. High boundaries usually mean an easy paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone tell me the rearranged equation for kinetic energy please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SgtStiffler
Can someone tell me the rearranged equation for kinetic energy please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

KE = 1/2 M x V squared
1/2 M x V squared = KE
M x V squared = 2 KE
V squared = 2 KE / M
V = square root of 2 KE / M
Whoop. That exam went really well. Everything apart from the last 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeeBuzz
Whoop. That exam went really well. Everything apart from the last 6 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes! iT WAS AMAZING. Except the last six marker.

What did you get for the mother/daughter question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SgtStiffler
It said it 'contained DNA' so it's definitely the nucleus.

well i guess that's one mark gone them. :frown:
Original post by j5994
Anyone got any ideas on whats gonna come up?

do you remeber what does come up? revising to take this test tomorrow so could really help if i know whats going to come up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending