The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews VS Trinity College Dublin - History

Hey Everyone, I have been offered a place to study single honours history at both Trinity College Dublin and St Andrews and I'm truly stuck as which to choose! Honestly, I prefer the course at St Andrews but am worried about the social life etc. as its very small. Where as I love Dublin and would love to live in such an exciting city and the Trinity student Union seems great fun and very active etc.. Any opinions on the two Universities, courses or places would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
Original post by DNK
Hey Everyone, I have been offered a place to study single honours history at both Trinity College Dublin and St Andrews and I'm truly stuck as which to choose! Honestly, I prefer the course at St Andrews but am worried about the social life etc. as its very small. Where as I love Dublin and would love to live in such an exciting city and the Trinity student Union seems great fun and very active etc.. Any opinions on the two Universities, courses or places would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

If you love the social life I would choose Trinity. Now i don't know what it is that St Andrews course offers you love. If it is really important then St Andrews, but if the differences are manageable then I would choose Trinity.

Reputation of both universities in history are excellent and very similar.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by DNK

St Andrews is ranked higher in the world for Arts but they're probs very similar (ie excellent) for History. The social life in St Andrews is second to none, as long as you can live without big city club nights all the time etc (still opportunities to have this with busses to Dundee). Loads of societies, clubs, a great new union etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending