The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Gateway To Medicine St Andrews

Has anyone else applied for St Andrews Gateway to Medicine? I’m so nervous idk if anyone has gotten interviews yet?
Original post by stephanieAlao
Has anyone else applied for St Andrews Gateway to Medicine? I’m so nervous idk if anyone has gotten interviews yet?

hey, I have applied for it but I haven't gotten an interview yet. Apparently most uni's will give them out around February or march so we still have time!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2

Hey! I have applied to that but i heard that st andrews always get back later than most universities so I'm guessing we will hear back in March most likely! Did you hear backcfrom other gateways?
Reply 3
Original post by Medicine20244

hey, I have applied for it but I haven't gotten an interview yet. Apparently most uni's will give them out around February or march so we still have time!

Hi! Did you apply to other gateways?
Reply 4
Original post by rkhan93
Hi! Did you apply to other gateways?

hey yeah i also applied to dundee and aberdeen. i’m just praying i get an interview lol
Reply 5

hey yeah i also applied to dundee and aberdeen. i’m just praying i get an interview lol

Ohh yeah same for me! Also I've recieved a call from st andrews last friday. Did you hear back aswell??
Reply 6
Original post by rkhan93
Ohh yeah same for me! Also I've recieved a call from st andrews last friday. Did you hear back aswell??
yeah i actually just did an interview with St Andrews on friday. I’m just praying i get a place :smile:
Reply 7
yeah i actually just did an interview with St Andrews on friday. I’m just praying i get a place :smile:

I just did mine 30 mins ago! I was quite nervous but the interviewers were super nice! But they said theres more interviews they have to go thru so we won't hear back until march 🥲
Original post by rkhan93
I just did mine 30 mins ago! I was quite nervous but the interviewers were super nice! But they said theres more interviews they have to go thru so we won't hear back until march 🥲
yeah i was the exact same, but we just have to wait now. have u heard back from any other unis?
Reply 9
yeah i was the exact same, but we just have to wait now. have u heard back from any other unis?

No not yet and I'm getting a bit inpatient atp lol 😭 btw do you mind giving me any of your socials? Barely anyone i know is doing gateways so I'm hoping to talk a bit more about with you since you do the same :smile:
Original post by rkhan93
No not yet and I'm getting a bit inpatient atp lol 😭 btw do you mind giving me any of your socials? Barely anyone i know is doing gateways so I'm hoping to talk a bit more about with you since you do the same :smile:
lol i feel the exact same 😭😭 and i’ll dm you my snap
lol i feel the exact same 😭😭 and i’ll dm you my snap
Hey I’ve interviewed for St Andrew’s Gateway too, just checking in wondering if anyone’s heard anything back yet ?
lol i feel the exact same ** and i’ll dm you my snap
Hey I’ve interviewed for St Andrew’s Gateway too, just checking in wondering if anyone’s heard anything back yet ?
Original post by Rachelboyle29
hey yeah i literally just got an offer from st andrews, and i know another girl who got one, so they must be replying this week.
Reply 14
has anyone heard back form St Andrews for gateway today?

how was the interview like? like what sort of questions if u dont mind me asking
Original post by Anonymous
how was the interview like? like what sort of questions if u dont mind me asking

It was kind of in two sections, the first few questions were why medicine?, what makes a good doctor?, why is work experience important and tell us about work experience you’ve had (can’t remember the rest)

The second part was more questions about university life and how well you’d handle the work load/responsibility.

It was pretty chill and from what I’ve heard it was similar to the panel interviews that Glasgow do for their medicine course :smile:
Original post by K0091
has anyone heard back form St Andrews for gateway today?

The two people I Interviewed with said I’d hear back in March and I’ve still not heard anything🥲🥲
It was kind of in two sections, the first few questions were why medicine?, what makes a good doctor?, why is work experience important and tell us about work experience you’ve had (can’t remember the rest)
The second part was more questions about university life and how well you’d handle the work load/responsibility.
It was pretty chill and from what I’ve heard it was similar to the panel interviews that Glasgow do for their medicine course :smile:

ok, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending