The Student Room Group

Struggling with Biology

i've been studying all the info i've been given however, i'm having trouble applying the info to exam questions, this was shown in my most recent exam in which i only scraped an E grade, any help?
also do you think my grades will improve with time or will this be a permanent thing?
my teachers seem pretty useless as whenever i ask them for help they don't seem to give me anything that i don't already know
I'm doing as level btw
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by thelostlemon
i've been studying all the info i've been given however, i'm having trouble applying the info to exam questions, this was shown in my most recent exam in which i only scraped an E grade, any help?
also do you think my grades will improve with time or will this be a permanent thing?
my teachers seem pretty useless as whenever i ask them for help they don't seem to give me anything that i don't already know
I'm doing as level btw

It's good that you've been revising the information however it's also important that you practice applying what you've learnt by doing past exam papers as part of your revision. Even if you can't do the whole paper, find questions that match a topic you're currently doing, try to answer them and then look to the mark scheme and see how they expect you to answer to achieve full marks. Then annotate your paper with anything that stands out that you need to improve on. It could be something as simple as you're not using enough specific terminology, which can easily be remedied.

Don't be disheartened, this seems like it was one of your first attempts at an AS exam so you have a lot of time to improve and get used to what the examiners are looking for.
Reply 2
Original post by thelostlemon
I'm doing as level btw

Hey I'm in the same situation, whenever I do a practice exam I feel as though I'm gonna get an A because I think that I have applied all the key words and points within the exam paper. From the first paper I done compared to the one I done the other week I done really well, even though I still got an E! and that was from a U, so I guess if you revise everyday by just taking notes, writing all the key words and definitions then it will help you go up the track of grades. Another good thing to do that I found was to print off all the past papers three or four times each and revise, do them, get the teachers to mark them then see the results and revise then do it again, carrying on this process until you eventually achieving the grade that you want...

Because I'm doing the same subject maybe it will be good to stay in touch to bounce ideas off of eachother and help eachother out when in need
Reply 3
Original post by Kaizack
Because I'm doing the same subject maybe it will be good to stay in touch to bounce ideas off of eachother and help eachother out when in need

Yea that sounds like a good idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending