The Student Room Group

erin11 asks...what are your favourite ways to revise?

Hello everyone! :cute:

In study help, we're always looking for ways to support you with your studying and revision throughout the year, especially in the lead up to GCSE and A-Level exams. revision can sometimes feel like a chore, or perhaps you're not sure where to start? - This thread is for students of all levels to share their favourite ways to revise, and support each other through the chance to share tips, discover some new revision methods if you're struggling or figure out which methods do and don't work for you!

My favourite revision methods are:
- flashcards
- blurting
- essay planning/practice

Let me know below! :h:

Erin
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erin11
In study help, we're always looking for ways to support you with your studying and revision throughout the year, especially in the lead up to GCSE and A-Level exams. revision can sometimes feel like a chore, or perhaps you're not sure where to start? - This thread is for students of all levels to share their favourite ways to revise, and support each other through the chance to share tips, discover some new revision methods if you're struggling or figure out which methods do and don't work for you!
- flashcards
- blurting
Erin
as a student with essay subjects, i definitely incorporate all of the techniques you have mentioned :smile:, essay plans are very very useful! in terms of blurting, the whiteboard method is great! you can skim-read through some notes and then blurt everything afterwards and then fill in the gaps!!

also, spaced repetition is very useful :heart:!
Original post by emm4nuella
as a student with essay subjects, i definitely incorporate all of the techniques you have mentioned :smile:, essay plans are very very useful! in terms of blurting, the whiteboard method is great! you can skim-read through some notes and then blurt everything afterwards and then fill in the gaps!!
also, spaced repetition is very useful :heart:!
love the whiteboard method - literal lifesaver !!
Original post by erin11
- flashcards
- blurting
Erin

Depends if it’s an interview memorising and reading out loud seeing what I can remember
Original post by Mohammed_2000
Depends if it’s an interview memorising and reading out loud seeing what I can remember
great idea !
Check out this fab page of revision tips and a guide from @BCU Student Rep
https://www.bcu.ac.uk/exams-and-revision
Reply 7
Maths and Further Maths - Doing as many questions as possible. I don't need to do it for Maths because it's an easy A* but for Further Maths, I need to do as many as I can. Work out what's hard and do just that. You'll never make any progress with your study doing easy stuff and stuff you know well.

Computer Science - I've made my own set of online flashcards which cover the entire course so I'm just going off that. I only need to get 60% at the top end to get my grade A (because our whole set scored an average mark of 59 on the NEA but we don't know who scored what, which we will find out next week!).

Chemistry - The A level that I probably have to do the most work for. I have to do so much work because we are so far behind but I only need an A for my firm choice.

STEP II - Absolutely no clue 😂...it's hit or miss at the moment. I'm yet to get a calculus question or a trig question wrong but that's about the only thing I'm half decent at...Everything else, I'm god awful at.
I like using flashcards and practise questions/papers for all of my subjects and then for RS I also like to make mind maps and essay plans as well.
Reply 9
I like to revise to teach, if that makes sense
It's v similar to blurting, but if you can get some friends or a parent you can study to teach them about a specific topic, because it sticks easier
The Feynman technique is also one I like, about breaking a topic down to a level you'd be able to explain it to a kid
Original post by erin11
- flashcards
- blurting
Erin
Exact same methods as you!
Original post by erin11
- flashcards
- blurting
Erin
I actually need revision help for french, i don't know where to start!
I don’t think this is a pretty good way for revision but I like writing out textbooks in my own words!!
Original post by Harfan654
I actually need revision help for french, i don't know where to start!
GCSE or A-Level??
Original post by emm4nuella

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #1
tagging in some people :smile:
Original post by orb22
It's v similar to blurting, but if you can get some friends or a parent you can study to teach them about a specific topic, because it sticks easier
The Feynman technique is also one I like, about breaking a topic down to a level you'd be able to explain it to a kid
omgg same I love teaching my friends the more difficult topics and then doing practice quesitons together
Original post by erin11
GCSE or A-Level??
GCSE
Original post by Harfan654
GCSE

memorise your general conversation questions and then practice with a friend to make it sound more spontaneous/natural - I still have mine and I got a 9, I can pm you them if you want an example

past paper questions to help you improve your exam technique

grammar practice

translation practice

Original post by orb22
oooh interesting :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending