The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Applying For Accomdation & Choices

For anyone who has went through this process, I know that you get to put down 3 choices for where you want to stay. I would prefer to stay at the £90 (2014 price I think) accommodation and I am aware this covers three houses. Are they separate when putting your 1st,2nd & 3rd choice on the form or is it done another way? If so how?
I would also like to ask, How is the £90 accommodation at Hillhead?

Thank you!
Hi,

I was at Hillhead last year. The three houses (Adam Smith, Fyfe, Wavell) count as one choice and then you say if you'd prefer mixed/single sex.

For what you get I think the accommodation is reasonable though the showers can be tepid and not have strong water pressure. Kitchens aren't great as you have one fridge/freezer to share between 5 people and the food cupboard you get is tiny - cereal boxes can't fit.

BUT it's warm, well sized, and cheap.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
I just visited the uni on Friday for the offer holders day and still am a little concerned about FOOD! I didn't see anywhere in the Hub for the catered accommodation meals???

where will I shop??
Original post by Tulpa Kalamack
I just visited the uni on Friday for the offer holders day and still am a little concerned about FOOD! I didn't see anywhere in the Hub for the catered accommodation meals???

where will I shop??

I wasn't in the catered accommodation, but I'm pretty sure you eat in the restaurants on the 1st floor of the Hub.
Original post by imadoodlenoodle
Hi,

I was at Hillhead last year. The three houses (Adam Smith, Fyfe, Wavell) count as one choice and then you say if you'd prefer mixed/single sex.

For what you get I think the accommodation is reasonable though the showers can be tepid and not have strong water pressure. Kitchens aren't great as you have one fridge/freezer to share between 5 people and the food cupboard you get is tiny - cereal boxes can't fit.

BUT it's warm, well sized, and cheap.

Thank you! :smile: fingers crossed I get accommodation in those house as I don't particularly want to have to pay for the more expensive ones :L Plus I'd rather mixed sex and I'm pretty sure the other mixed sex ones are the expensive ones and some the catered options.
As long as it's liveable :smile:
Reply 5
When is accommodation open to apply to?
Middle of May apparently
Reply 7
Where can I find the ID number needed to apply for accomodation? It says it has 8 digits, the ID from the letter of admission, however, has 10.
Original post by Sitahrn
Where can I find the ID number needed to apply for accomodation? It says it has 8 digits, the ID from the letter of admission, however, has 10.

If you're an offer holder applications for accommodation aren't open yet. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by PeachButterfly96
If you're an offer holder applications for accommodation aren't open yet. :smile:

Thank you! : )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending