The Student Room Group

OCR LAW A2 Criminal Law 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by inthechaos
Apparently if they do an essay on theft it'll be only on part of it (for example just appropriation) as theft is such a huge topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I wouldn't mind an essay on just appropiation, would quite like it! If they wanted to be horrible they could do the complete topic or even add robbery and burglary with it as well, but fingers crossed they don't!
After reviewing all of the past papers since Jan 2010, I have came up with the topics I'm going to revise and learn, whilst the other ones i will disregard. I've decided to revise strict liability, theft, robbery, burglary, causation, non-fatals, involuntary ms, voluntary ms/provocation (1 of the ms always comes up), duress and attempts.Can anyone tell me if that's not enough? My research proves that knowing these topics would cover all 3 sections in the past 10 or so exams, but a 2nd opinion would be great.
Original post by inthechaos
Apparently if they do an essay on theft it'll be only on part of it (for example just appropriation) as theft is such a huge topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd love an essay on appropriation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by armelax
I'd love an essay on appropriation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

More likely to be the whole AR of theft, not just app.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Original post by RoryKejz
After reviewing all of the past papers since Jan 2010, I have came up with the topics I'm going to revise and learn, whilst the other ones i will disregard. I've decided to revise strict liability, theft, robbery, burglary, causation, non-fatals, involuntary ms, voluntary ms/provocation (1 of the ms always comes up), duress and attempts.Can anyone tell me if that's not enough? My research proves that knowing these topics would cover all 3 sections in the past 10 or so exams, but a 2nd opinion would be great.

I would probably revise a couple more defences just incase! For example, consent or self-defence and if your revising duress I would revise necessity as well as they can put them in questions together. They can also include defences in section B questions with like non-fatal offences, so it would probably be best to do that. Consent is an easy one to learn with loads of evaluation points and its predicted to come up this year, nice one to get high grades! So probably wouldn't miss it out!
Hey guys so doing question 1 answers for the g154 paper and I can't seem to find a linked case for Kingston?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by armelax
Hey guys so doing section A questions for the g154 paper and I can't seem to find a linked case for Kingston?

Posted from TSR Mobile

R v Sheehan and Moore (drunken intent is still an intent)
R v Heard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeopardy
R v Sheehan and Moore (drunken intent is still an intent)
R v Heard

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yes I see how Sheehan and Moore could fit now, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nor195
For section A of the paper the predictions seem to be:
1. Consent
2. Theft
3. Strict Liability

For section B it is most likely that either theft or non-fatals will crop up as one of those two is always on section B, I haven't seen one without it yet. Im guessing non-fatals as theft was on it last year.

For section C there is also a prediction that intoxication will come up as for the past few years they have used the special study for section C. Intoxication definitely will not be in section A of the paper and the exam board have confirmed this, but it could be in either sections B or C.

Good luck everyone :smile:

It says in the special study guide there will be no questions on intoxication included in the first paper
Reply 189
Original post by cmaynard
It says in the special study guide there will be no questions on intoxication included in the first paper

They can, they did it last year and I've been told by my teacher who marks the papers that the chances are very likely.
Reply 190
As consent is very likely to come up as the essay, if non fatals comes up as a part B can consent still come up within the scenario? As consent is frequently paired with non-fatals in section Bs
Hi guys, I'm only just starting Criminal law (ocr) and wondered if anyone knew of any good revision books or websites that helped you a lot this year? (good luck for the exam!)
Original post by Gxz567
As consent is very likely to come up as the essay, if non fatals comes up as a part B can consent still come up within the scenario? As consent is frequently paired with non-fatals in section Bs

It could but they might say (dont discuss consent in detail)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xrcticmonkeys
Hi guys, I'm only just starting Criminal law (ocr) and wondered if anyone knew of any good revision books or websites that helped you a lot this year? (good luck for the exam!)

Get the ocr criminal law book!!:smile: 4th edition. I have used the website elawresources a lot too:smile:

Thanks btw this exam is stress x10000
(no pressure for next year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nor195
I would probably revise a couple more defences just incase! For example, consent or self-defence and if your revising duress I would revise necessity as well as they can put them in questions together. They can also include defences in section B questions with like non-fatal offences, so it would probably be best to do that. Consent is an easy one to learn with loads of evaluation points and its predicted to come up this year, nice one to get high grades! So probably wouldn't miss it out!

ok thanks! probably won't bother with omissions anyway as it came up last year, but self defence seems really messy but that couuld just be how i was taught
Reply 195
Original post by armelax
Oh yes I see how Sheehan and Moore could fit now, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gallagher too?
Original post by 08vihe
Gallagher too?

Yup same sorta reasoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
if a question comes up in part A on just one element of theft e.g, appropriation, would you simply explain the law of just that one element for AO1 then evaluate /criticise it for AO2? im confused because if said to talk about the whole AR or MR of theft then surely you'd have to write a lot more compared to just writing about one element.
Original post by RoryKejz
if a question comes up in part A on just one element of theft e.g, appropriation, would you simply explain the law of just that one element for AO1 then evaluate /criticise it for AO2? im confused because if said to talk about the whole AR or MR of theft then surely you'd have to write a lot more compared to just writing about one element.

They would never ask you a question of one element. There simply isnt enough for the 50 marks available. They have asked a question on the actus reus of theft before, because theft is fairly big topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jeopardy
They would never ask you a question of one element. There simply isnt enough for the 50 marks available. They have asked a question on the actus reus of theft before, because theft is fairly big topic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jan 2010 Q2); ' The current definition of appropriation does not give effect to parliaments original intention in the Theft Act 1968
Discuss the extent to which this statement is true

The markscheme for this isn't on the OCR website so I wouldnt know what it wants you to include.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending