Original post by nicklongy
mm = 1x10^-3m (millimetres)
um = 1x10^-6m (micrometres)
nm = 1x10^-9m (nanometres)

remember nano = nino = nine ahah :P

oh yeah oops :biggrin:
Original post by buckeybarnes
do u always convert into metres? this is something ive never knew lol

as long as all units are the same it doesn't matter, however as a rule of thumb converting into metres is never a bad idea.
Reply 1782
When was the last time there was a question of pulmonary tuberculosis?
Can someone explain 5biii for the cardiac output
Whats the difference between the smooth and rough ER structure ? I know what they both do but i always label it wrong.
In the coordination of a heart beat, does the impulse get to the AVN then is delayed or delayed before it gets to the AVN?
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please explain co-transport with glucose and sodium? thanks :smile:
Things to note when asked to state relationships/ interpret graphs?
Original post by biojames
What happens in systole ? I understand diastole and the stages now but not sure about that bit ?

if diastole is relaxation it follow that systole must be contraction, there are two parts:-

atrial systole= the walls of the atria contract to the move the last bits of blood into the ventricles

ventricular systole= after a delay so the ventricles can fill, the walls contract which forces shut the av valves which increases pressure as the contract, meaning pressure is higher than aorta or pulmonary artery pressure so sl valves forced open and blood moves out of the ventricles into the aorta and pulmonary artery
walls much thicker than atria so can provide more pressure with contraction
:smile: gl
Original post by LearningGeek
1432197349238.jpg1432197381009.jpg

Can someone please tell me how to do the cardiac output, the first answer is 85.7
i know the formula to work it out, bit cant to it from the table

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got
(148-55)*0.7 = 65.1
(edited 8 years ago)
In what detail do we need to know active transport?? Do we need to understand ADP and ATP in detail?
Original post by biojames
What happens in systole ? I understand diastole and the stages now but not sure about that bit ?

diastole is essentially relaxation, where as systole is contraction. We have both ventricular and atrial systole, which relates to these chambers of the heart contracting. Atrial systole which is controlled by the firing of the SAN node will force blood from the artia into the ventricles. Ventricular systole, which happens after atrial systole and a pause (through the use of non-conducting fibres and the AVN node) contracts as the purkinje fibres are fired (from the bottom up).
Hope this helps.
Can someone please explain systole and diastole?
Original post by Malicious
Whats the difference between the smooth and rough ER structure ? I know what they both do but i always label it wrong.

RER has ribosomes on it but SER doesn't

RER has ribosomes and SER does not
Is there a trend in past papers in terms of the similarity of questions that come up or else? I have done 9 past papers once-- so as a repeat is it better to do the recent one like june 2013 and may 2012 or the old one like may 2010 jan 2010? What is the hardest past paper you have been through/?

RER has small dots (ribosomes) on it in the pictures when labelling :smile:

they are the same apart from the fact that the rough endoplasmic reticulum is studded with ribosomes for a large surface area for the synthesis of proteins and producing glycoproteins and a pathway for the transport of proteins
Original post by RespectedDon
Is there a trend in past papers in terms of the similarity of questions that come up or else? I have done 9 past papers once-- so as a repeat is it better to do the recent one like june 2013 and may 2012 or the old one like may 2010 jan 2010? What is the hardest past paper you have been through/?

Im going to do a past paper this morning before the exam. In your opinion what was the hardest paper you have done?

I think the rough ER always has ribosomes attached to it.. Whereas the Smooth ER does not. Look out for this when labelling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending