The Student Room Group

I hate you statistics

For part c) how the F to the K do you know that that f(x) suppose to be 10?
mark scheme seems to have integrated between those limits with f(x) = 10.

crazzzzzzzzyyy man
please help, thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Zenarthra

For part c) how the F to the K do you know that that f(x) suppose to be 10?
mark scheme seems to have integrated between those limits with f(x) = 10.

crazzzzzzzzyyy man
please help, thanks

I hate statistics too!:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by M14B
I hate statistics too!:biggrin:

As you can see, i failed on the first page. GG no RE, 360 last kill trickshot.
Reply 3
As you can see, i failed on the first page. GG no RE, 360 last kill trickshot.

Feel free to ask me to clarify any of the following but I'll help you ahah..

a) If the rounding is to 0.1cm, and they measured 21.1cm, then what is the highest and lowest values it COULD be, in order to get a value of 21.1cm to the nearest 0.1cm? (Upper and lower limits?)

b) I see you've drawn a correct diagram in the top right hand corner, if you get (a) then you could draw a more detailed rectangular distribution with some values :smile:

c) Do you know what the area of the rectangular distribution represents?

If none of this makes any sense then I'll let you know how I would do the problem:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Rjix
Feel free to ask me to clarify any of the following but I'll help you ahah..

a) If the rounding is to 0.1cm, and they measured 21.1cm, then what is the highest and lowest values it COULD be, in order to get a value of 21.1cm to the nearest 0.1cm? (Upper and lower limits?)

b) I see you've drawn a correct diagram in the top right hand corner, if you get (a) then you could draw a more detailed rectangular distribution with some values :smile:

c) Do you know what the area of the rectangular distribution represents?

If none of this makes any sense then I'll let you know how I would do the problem:smile:

THanks for reply.
I guess technically the highest and lowest would be 21.49 and 21.049.
The area represents the probability?
Reply 5
THanks for reply.
I guess technically the highest and lowest would be 21.49 and 21.049.
The area represents the probability?

Correct, yes! The area represents the probability, so although you can use integration, there is often an easier way to do it..

This is how I would tackle the question...

(It's missing off the bottom of each page, which just says 0.1 x height = 1 => height = f(x) = 10 and then a note about how you don't really have to use integration, although if you prefer that method it works perfectly fine:smile:)

Hope this helps...
Reply 6
Original post by Rjix
Correct, yes! The area represents the probability, so although you can use integration, there is often an easier way to do it..

This is how I would tackle the question...

(It's missing off the bottom of each page, which just says 0.1 x height = 1 => height = f(x) = 10 and then a note about how you don't really have to use integration, although if you prefer that method it works perfectly fine:smile:)

Hope this helps...

Oh yeah the total area is always =1, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest