The Student Room Group

GCSE Mathematics Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Mathematics Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any good maths websites?? For grade 9
Original post by dmedz

Dr Frost
Corbett maths
Reply 4
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

how can i focus while revising
Original post by bruna5765
how can i focus while revising

Don't stick to one method - interleave different methods together. Flashcards, mind maps, past paper questions or teaching someone else to name a few.
Reply 6
Original post by Aloysius O'Hare
Don't stick to one method - interleave different methods together. Flashcards, mind maps, past paper questions or teaching someone else to name a few.

Hello , i am in higher set anyway but if I do corbett 5 a day every single day , can i improve further more?
Perhaps if i do well i can take further maths in Y10 which would be beneficial for college/university...
Reply 7
Original post by dmedz

Physics an maths tutor maths genie Corbett maths
Reply 8
anyone doing gcse further maths here?
Reply 9
Original post by dmedz

maths genie is good and its free
Original post by Alm_xo
Hello , i am in higher set anyway but if I do corbett 5 a day every single day , can i improve further more?
Perhaps if i do well i can take further maths in Y10 which would be beneficial for college/university...

I take further maths and I can't say it's that beneficial for college or university. However, if you're decent at maths it should be fairly simple.

Corbett 5 a day is useful to sharpen your maths skills, although if you're in year 9 and 10 it might be worth focussing on watching videos on more complex topics - you don't need to understand it, but it will develop your interest in the subject.
Reply 11
Original post by dmedz

physics and maths tutor
anybody doing iGCSE maths this year?
Reply 13
Original post by dmedz

tgmt maths genie corbettmaths past papers maths genie https://revisionworld.com/gcse-revision/maths many more
Reply 14
does it really matter in uni if you take foundation or further math?
Original post by aliee
does it really matter in uni if you take foundation or further math?

If you're talking about foundation or higher, it depends what course you want to do - foundation is capped at a 5.
Reply 16
Original post by dmedz

Dr. Frost
Reply 17
Original post by Pwca

Specifications

Hi
Is this group by a student or a past student like a tutor ?
Original post by dmedz

Maths Genie is great.
(edited 5 months ago)
Original post by dmedz

save my exams is really good too, but you need a subscription

Quick Reply

Latest