The Student Room Group

Procrastinating Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Hmm...I get the feeling Air might not understand the concept of how betting in a tournament on vBookie works. The poor girl put bets on all the players who were knocked out of the tournament. They may have odds of 65535/1 (the highest odds possible) but it's impossible for them to win :biggrin:
Reply 981
Dalimyr
Hmm...I get the feeling Air might not understand the concept of how betting in a tournament on vBookie works. The poor girl put bets on all the players who were knocked out of the tournament. They may have odds of 65535/1 (the highest odds possible) but it's impossible for them to win :biggrin:

I hope I did mine right. I think I'll win :smile:
Reply 982
Juno
I hope I did mine right. I think I'll win :smile:

Yup, you didn't bet on anyone who was already knocked out :biggrin: If Ronnie wins, you win :smile:
Reply 983
Dalimyr
Yup, you didn't bet on anyone who was already knocked out :biggrin: If Ronnie wins, you win :smile:

I bet on lots of people! But odds confuse me :frown:
Reply 984
Juno
I bet on lots of people! But odds confuse me :frown:

Ah, that's alright...really, so long as they don't have odds of 65535/1 you're fine.

Look at the decimal values if you don't understand the odds themselves.

The closer to 0.00 that the number is, the more likely they are to win. In the case of the above pic, Ding Junhui is more likely to win, but Ronnie has a good chance as well. Neil Robertson was knocked out, so his odds have been increased to 65535/1.

If you put a bet of 100,000 on Ding Junhui to win, and he DID win, you'd get back the 100,000 you originally bet and you'd get an extra 100,000 (1.00 x 100,000).
If you bet 100,000 on Ronnie O'Sullivan and he won, you'd get back your original 100,000 and an extra 125,000 (1.25 x 100,000) :smile:

Odds, by the way, will almost never be as high as 65535/1 in a real bookie's. Back when Newcastle were looking for a new manager, bookies were accepting bets on Ant & Dec to take the role at 1000/1 :rolleyes:
Reply 985

*cries*
Reply 986
Juno
*cries*

What are you crying about? :hugs:
Can I be the Mod's Puppy? :flutter:
Reply 988
Dalimyr
What are you crying about? :hugs:

Too many things to list
way-hey i'm officially a puppy :p:
Reply 990
PseudoPhoenix
way-hey i'm officially a puppy :p:

*pats head*
Reply 991
I would have taken you as a cat...they're more suited to evil geniuses like us :biggrin:

;e-mog;
wesetters
*attaches choke chain*

you sound like crisps :p:
Dalimyr
I would have taken you as a cat...they're more suited to evil geniuses like us :biggrin:

;e-mog;

i'm too sweet to be a kitty :p:
Reply 994

Crisps can't remember what he did last night, so feel free to make up embarrassing stories
did he take his whip?
Reply 996
PseudoPhoenix
did he take his whip?

Yes, and then he attacked a guy with it at the bus stop
Reply 997
PseudoPhoenix
you sound like crisps :p:

:eek:
I'm not that bad!
:crast: Really should be studying some Chemistry :frown:
mmmm chemistry :love: