The Student Room Group

Private student accommodation

Hi, I wonder if I could still stay in the room during term breaks and holidays (X’mas, Easter). As I know I must leave the room if staying in uni dorm. I’ll be coming from overseas and guess not able to fly back home country for every holiday.
Original post by Borganic
Hi, I wonder if I could still stay in the room during term breaks and holidays (X’mas, Easter). As I know I must leave the room if staying in uni dorm. I’ll be coming from overseas and guess not able to fly back home country for every holiday.

This can vary, but I would have thought that you'd be fine to stay during the holidays in a lot of private student accommodation.

Do you have private accommodation arranged yet? If so, then check the contract and see what it says. If not, then ensure you select accommodation that allows you to stay there during the times you want to be there.

Finally, note that some university accommodation will allow you to stay during the holidays too. You are not the first international student they'll have come across, so they'll be very aware of this need. Contact the accommodation office to find out.
Reply 2
Thank you bro. I haven’t arranged accommodation yet. Will ask and compare.
Reply 3
Original post by Borganic

Most uni halls do not make you move out in the holidays.
Reply 4
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest