The Student Room Group

Software Applications Development - Will I enjoy it?

So in September I'm going to Uni to undertake Software Application Development, following up from doing a Games/IT course and getting D*D*D at the end. I wasn't really sure what exactly I wanted to be doing but I knew I wanted it to obviously be something in computers, so I looked at my choices. I've recently been enjoying programming c# in Unity 3D and I also have 2 years of Blender experience behind my belt. As well as this I also have some experience in HTML programming and thoroughly enjoyed this too.(web design). In the end I settled for Software App Development as I'm determined to actually find work when I complete my course.

This is the current course content:

Personal and Professional Development 1

Work-Based Learning 1

Introduction to Android Mobile Applications Development

Website Fundamentals

Introduction to iPhone Development

Introduction to Dynamic Web Applications

Year Two

Personal and Professional Development 2

Work-Based Learning 2

ASP.Net web applications or C+ (I think this is supposed to be C# or so it reads on the ucas description for the course)

Further Android Development

Further ASP Net

Further iPhone/iPad Development.

If I've already shown an interest in software programming
(game I created recently: http://gamejolt.com/games/wrong-way/85428) do you think I'll enjoy this course? The only other options I wanted to do were games programming/development but I was told they were less job opportunities :smile:
Reply 1
I really need your help please for my final year project. I'm stuck and out of options. I'm literally begging right now. Please help me
Original post by Saam1996
So in September I'm going to Uni to undertake Software Application Development, following up from doing a Games/IT course and getting D*D*D at the end. I wasn't really sure what exactly I wanted to be doing but I knew I wanted it to obviously be something in computers, so I looked at my choices. I've recently been enjoying programming c# in Unity 3D and I also have 2 years of Blender experience behind my belt. As well as this I also have some experience in HTML programming and thoroughly enjoyed this too.(web design). In the end I settled for Software App Development as I'm determined to actually find work when I complete my course.

This is the current course content:

Personal and Professional Development 1

Work-Based Learning 1

Introduction to Android Mobile Applications Development

Website Fundamentals

Introduction to iPhone Development

Introduction to Dynamic Web Applications

Year Two

Personal and Professional Development 2

Work-Based Learning 2

ASP.Net web applications or C+ (I think this is supposed to be C# or so it reads on the ucas description for the course)

Further Android Development

Further ASP Net

Further iPhone/iPad Development.

If I've already shown an interest in software programming
(game I created recently: http://gamejolt.com/games/wrong-way/85428) do you think I'll enjoy this course? The only other options I wanted to do were games programming/development but I was told they were less job opportunities :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending