The Student Room Group

GOGSoc

Scroll to see replies

This forum is now ****ed to buggery. I suppose I can overridge the colours to set it to white on black, but then it will look even more ****.

At least I'll piss away less time on here when I'm procrastinating. I can't even find the things I want too.

Maybe their idea was to drive everyone away? It's healthier in the longrun.
Reply 581
I tried to watch the vid, but CN's awful delivery of the commentary made me shut it off after about 30 seconds. It sounds like he's just making it up as he goes along and I'm sure the vid could probably have been 5 minutes shorter judging by the number of 'erms' and 'ers' in the first 30 seconds.
Reply 582
Da Bachtopus
This forum is now ****ed to buggery. I suppose I can overridge the colours to set it to white on black, but then it will look even more ****.

At least I'll piss away less time on here when I'm procrastinating. I can't even find the things I want too.

Maybe their idea was to drive everyone away? It's healthier in the longrun.

:ditto:
On the whole, though, I think I mind the lack of user-friendliness even more than the awful colours...
Reply 583
ChemistBoy
I tried to watch the vid, but CN's awful delivery of the commentary made me shut it off after about 30 seconds. It sounds like he's just making it up as he goes along and I'm sure the vid could probably have been 5 minutes shorter judging by the number of 'erms' and 'ers' in the first 30 seconds.

I agree, it's a bit lame. And it still hasn't convinced me that there has been any real improvement. Maybe the wiki is better now, who knows, but I hate the awkward navigation through the 'my forums' list, which doesn't actually contain 'my' forums, but 'my' forums plus a bunch of forums somebody else considered important.:mad:
hobnob
I agree, it's a bit lame. And it still hasn't convinced me that there has been any real improvement. Maybe the wiki is better now, who knows, but I hate the awkward navigation through the 'my forums' list, which doesn't actually contain 'my' forums, but 'my' forums plus a bunch of forums somebody else considered important.:mad:

you can unsubscribe from the default "my forums" through the (currently) still functioning old usercp: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/usercp.php (scroll down the page past subscribed threads to the next table - it's all out of alignment but at least it's working)
Yes I too only watched to where we saw gogs. Pretty crappy presented video, not worth watching it.

I really am on here less as I cant navigate round it at all. Pretty poor "improvements". Oh well, still here for now.

If however this site becomes subscription based or I start getting junk emails from third parties etc, then I think it will be time to move away and acctually do some work.
flexiblefish
Yes I too only watched to where we saw gogs. Pretty crappy presented video, not worth watching it.

I really am on here less as I cant navigate round it at all. Pretty poor "improvements". Oh well, still here for now.

If however this site becomes subscription based or I start getting junk emails from third parties etc, then I think it will be time to move away and acctually do some work.

If you go to http://thestudentroom.co.uk/profile.php?do=editoptions and untick the box saying "Receive Email from Administrators" then they can't email you with junk (unless you agree to it at another point).
Reply 587
PQ
you can unsubscribe from the default "my forums" through the (currently) still functioning old usercp: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/usercp.php (scroll down the page past subscribed threads to the next table - it's all out of alignment but at least it's working)

Oh, I didn't realise tha - thanks, PQ, you're my hero.:smile:
hobnob
Oh, I didn't realise tha - thanks, PQ, you're my hero.:smile:

Do it quick though - apparently usercp is soon to be removed:frown:
Reply 589
PQ
Do it quick though - apparently usercp is soon to be removed:frown:

It is? Damn.:frown: I've already unsubscribed from the forums I never visit, though, so hopefully it should be OK...
Changes... not goood for the grads, eh?
i can't stand this new site.

can you believe what a pasting people have tried to give me for suggesting that we shouldnt put down feminism/gender neutral language etc. the fairy tale land of tsr members must be a special place where the real world is hidden in a land far, far away. what the hell is the school system embedding in the psyche of today's youth?!
The Boosh

can you believe what a pasting people have tried to give me for suggesting that we shouldnt put down feminism/gender neutral language etc. the fairy tale land of tsr members must be a special place where the real world is hidden in a land far, far away. what the hell is the school system embedding in the psyche of today's youth?!

i must have got 10 reps on that thread and 7 of them are negative with comments like "**** you ****". where are the others who should be arguing for gender neutral language?! absolutely wierd.
Reply 593
The Boosh

I actually thought it was rather amusing how some of the people on that thread apparently didn't know whether to think of you as Germaine Greer's secret online identity or as some sort of gay missionary...:biggrin:
Reply 594
The Boosh

That thread is in my top three most favourite threads.
well thanks for the support!

has anyone else dramatically reduced their post quantity with the new site, or is it just me?
The Boosh
well thanks for the support!

has anyone else dramatically reduced their post quantity with the new site, or is it just me?

I have Boosh by a long way - just not the same is it?
ah ha! just had a count and it's official. my (displayed....) reps are all from that gender neutral language and are 5 for and 5 against. the others reps have been bumped and some of those are gender neutral too.

madness.
The Boosh
ah ha! just had a count and it's official. my (displayed....) reps are all from that gender neutral language and are 5 for and 5 against. the others reps have been bumped and some of those are gender neutral too.

madness.

I've not read that thread in full - is it worth reading for a laugh?

and I'm as sure as hell it'll be better than the stuff I'm currently forcing myself to read
it depends how much you can stand people exerting their manliness by references to penises!

Latest

Trending

Trending