The Student Room Group

How has TSR changed you?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XcitingStuart
Nice. I presume it only to increase. (Your analytical skills, that is.)
@ the dope grades, that's a morally reprehensible way of looking at it. :laugh: You shouldn't take inspiration from other's failures. :grin:

:yep: Makes me wonder if it'll be a double edged sword. No! I didn't mean that, I meant the stellar grades. If they can achieve them, why can't I? :tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by caseynh
Last point - absolutely.

One of the best things about tsr is hearing all these opinions, it's really interesting and I really do enjoy it!

You revived this thread. xD xD
Original post by william walker
No I am being serious. I laughed a bit and though it was a rather witty post. He doesn't do many good posts so it is the best and funniest thing he has done to date.

As you are
Loyalist, High Church Anglican and High Tory

can you enlighten me on what Proxenus meant. :grin:
(If there is something to get, that is.)

(P.S. I quoted that part, because it sounds like a bunch of titles, giving the impression of wisdom and knowledge, though I know that's actually not the case. :colonhash: :laugh:)
Original post by DRR Lumberjack
Made me realise ALOT more people hate Muslims and South-West Asians than I originally thought, that's right, not Islam, but Muslims. They just practice what i like to call Infidel Taqiyya (lol) and they say it's just Islam they don't like.

:/ That must have been a depressing realisation (well I presume so, anyway.)

Original post by Imperion
:yep: Makes me wonder if it'll be a double edged sword. No! I didn't mean that, I meant the stellar grades. If they can achieve them, why can't I? :tongue:

Spoiler

Yeah, yeah... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, this once. :colonhash: :grin: :biggrin:
Interesting... (spoiler)

In reference to your increased analytical skills, would it be a double-edged sword (to increase), because you get an even greater grasp of the breadth of people's stupidity? :biggrin: :grin: (Or something of the sort.)
As you are

can you enlighten me on what Proxenus meant. :grin:
(If there is something to get, that is.)

(P.S. I quoted that part, because it sounds like a bunch of titles, giving the impression of wisdom and knowledge, though I know that's actually not the case. :colonhash: :laugh:)

He was just making a general statement about your question and the thread. "Good"

I have wisdom and knowledge on somethings and not others the same as everybody else. The differences is how I think about thinks. All my wisdom and knowledge is about manipulation and power as that is what I am interested in. Most people aren't.
Original post by william walker
He was just making a general statement about your question and the thread. "Good"

I have wisdom and knowledge on somethings and not others the same as everybody else. The differences is how I think about thinks. All my wisdom and knowledge is about manipulation and power as that is what I am interested in. Most people aren't.

I reckon I have a slight innate ability at that stuff. Haven't honed it that much, though.
(@ manipulation & power.)
It has consumed literal weeks of my life (mostly on my other account).

I need to stahp.

Now.

But I can't...

Yeah, yeah... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, this once. :colonhash: :grin: :biggrin:
Interesting... (spoiler)

In reference to your increased analytical skills, would it be a double-edged sword (to increase), because you get an even greater grasp of the breadth of people's stupidity? :biggrin: :grin: (Or something of the sort.)

:colonhash: I'm not that evil :mmm:

Yes and it means I'll (possibly) analyze anything and everything.. which I pretty much already do :tongue:
Well, I've learnt a lot of British English. I also gave up on the idea of going to school in the UK because it's really competitive there, although I thought it was interesting to learn about A-levels, GCSE, Sixth form, and FE Colleges.

I haven't really got as good a sense of the culture as I would have hoped, though. All I'm really seeing here are people and political ideas that mirror those of more urban and liberal parts of the US. With all the arguments about White Privilege, distrust of Islam, and attempts to balance globalisation with protectionism, everything seemed familiar. I mean, the Protestants want their values respected and talk about being the foundation of the country's moral principles, the people complain about the high rent in the big city and long commutes, there's a lot of talk about wealth inequality, etc.

The society seems like what I imagine many New England states or California might look like if they were independent of the rest of the US and unburdened by things like the Second Amendment. Incredibly high prices, more public transit, a national healthcare system, no guns, and less of the national budget being spent on defence.

Of course, my impressions are only based on this forum and what I read from various news networks. I haven't actually been there to see how it is. So, ultimately, my impression of the UK is that it's a society similar to many parts of US, and that the differences that do exist lie on the extremities of the culture in habits and quirks rather than at the core. The rhythms of life, the arguments, the types of people you think about, and the attitudes tend to be pretty similar. Although maybe that's just because the people here are so young... maybe older people in the UK would show more difference? I'm not sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zuki
Off topic, but your custom tag thing is hilarious :rofl:
fanks! :ahee:
Reply 70
In a good way or a bad way?

Good, I guess.
Original post by Still Sweet
You must be j-j-j-joking.

Haha, I wish. Im glad that I've already sent off my UCAS, otherwise I'd change all my choices to the bottom unis because everyone around here seems to be a genius...
Reply 72
I'm now a lot more caring and considerate of other peoples views.

I also take the time to volunteer at my local Church, by directing away the mentally ill who enter to pray to a sky fairy.
For me it has cultured many views and arguments etc. etc. but for myself, I've noticed that it has made me far less tolerant of parasitic views, and in some cases (I emphasise some) less tolerant of ignorance.

It has made me far more critical of other people's viewpoints and far more impassioned.

g2g

Really? Opposite for me. I've learned that a large percentage of the population have ridiculous views that they'll absolutely refuse to change no matter how stupid you show those opinions to be, so the easiest way is just to laugh at them and don't waste your time conversing with them.

Quick Reply

Latest