The Student Room Group

Media Studies Questionnaire

Hi everyone! So some of my media research involves asking a number of people to answer a questionnaire and if anyone is willing enough to answer the questions in reply to this, I would be very grateful! I only need answers for 10 question and they should't take you too long! Thank you :smile:

Q1. What is your gender?

Q2. How old are you?

Q3. What is the genre you dislike the most? Why?

Q4. What is your preferred genre of a film?

Q5. What is your favourite and least favourite film of that genre?

Q6. How important are the first ten minutes of a film to you?

Q7. Does the actor choice influence you when deciding whether or not to watch a movie? (Yes/No)

Q8. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? If so, what genre of film do you like to see them in?

Q9. Name three things that you need to have in a film (e.g. love)

Q10. Do you choose whether to watch a movie guided by the film posters? (Yes/No)
Q1. What is your gender?
Male
Q2. How old are you?
Romantic Comedy, because it's a saturated genre with obvious plots and very common tropes.
Unsure, I guess I kinda like political films, whether satirical or serious.
Favourite: Dr Strangelove, Least Favourite: The New World Order conspiracy faux documentaries, or 9/11 truther films
Fairly important, if you aren't drawn in quickly, suspension of disbelief becomes difficult.
Q7. Does the actor choice influence you when deciding whether or not to watch a movie? (Yes/No)
No
Q8. Do you have a favourite actor/actress? If so, what genre of film do you like to see them in?
I don't have any actor preferences.
An original premise, some comedic moments, decent cinematography. (Shaky cam puts me off.)
Q10. Do you choose whether to watch a movie guided by the film posters? No.
Reply 2
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
Q1. What is your gender?
Male
Q2. How old are you?
Romantic Comedy, because it's a saturated genre with obvious plots and very common tropes.
Unsure, I guess I kinda like political films, whether satirical or serious.
Favourite: Dr Strangelove, Least Favourite: The New World Order conspiracy faux documentaries, or 9/11 truther films
Fairly important, if you aren't drawn in quickly, suspension of disbelief becomes difficult.
No
I don't have any actor preferences.
An original premise, some comedic moments, decent cinematography. (Shaky cam puts me off.)
Q10. Do you choose whether to watch a movie guided by the film posters? No.

Thank you for replying! It helps me out a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Q1. What is your gender?
Female
Q2. How old are you?
War films. I go to the cinema to be entertained and I personally find war films to be boring and unimaginative with similar plots throughout the entire genre.
If I had to chose a genre, it'd be Drama.
Favourite: If I stay. Least Favourite: Anna Karenina
Quite important. I find it hard to get drawn in to a film if the first ten minutes are poor. However, if the rest of the film is great, then I'd still love it.
Sometimes, yes. If a favourite actor is playing a role in a film I am contemplating watching then it may sway my decision. If the plot is poor, or not to my tastes, then no, the choice wouldn't impact my decision.
Chloë Grace Moretz in a drama and Thomas Brodie-Sangster in action/science fiction/comedy.
Interesting characters/well developed characters, climaxes & (somewhat) mystery.
Q10. Do you choose whether to watch a movie guided by the film posters? (Yes/No)
If I see an interesting film poster then I will decide to read more about it from that. But it wouldn't impact my decision to see a film, no.
Reply 4
Original post by celloel
Q1. What is your gender?
Female
Q2. How old are you?
War films. I go to the cinema to be entertained and I personally find war films to be boring and unimaginative with similar plots throughout the entire genre.
If I had to chose a genre, it'd be Drama.
Favourite: If I stay. Least Favourite: Anna Karenina
Quite important. I find it hard to get drawn in to a film if the first ten minutes are poor. However, if the rest of the film is great, then I'd still love it.
Sometimes, yes. If a favourite actor is playing a role in a film I am contemplating watching then it may sway my decision. If the plot is poor, or not to my tastes, then no, the choice wouldn't impact my decision.
Chloë Grace Moretz in a drama and Thomas Brodie-Sangster in action/science fiction/comedy.
Interesting characters/well developed characters, climaxes & (somewhat) mystery.
If I see an interesting film poster then I will decide to read more about it from that. But it wouldn't impact my decision to see a film, no.

Thank you!
Hi can you guys fill out my survey . Thank you
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WFF5KJV

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending