The Student Room Group

media studies gcse (eduqas) - help needed on a question

stuck on what to write for my homework and it doesn't really help that there are barely any resources online, if any media students could help that would be so amazing. I also don't know what the structure is for this question since my media teacher isn't the best
"explain the effect of social and cultural contexts on crime dramas. refer to Luther" (10 marks)
Original post by ctrlm.
stuck on what to write for my homework and it doesn't really help that there are barely any resources online, if any media students could help that would be so amazing. I also don't know what the structure is for this question since my media teacher isn't the best
"explain the effect of social and cultural contexts on crime dramas. refer to Luther" (10 marks)

hi I currently do media studies for GCSE, for this type of question since it is on contexts it is best to also refer to the sweeney along with Luther. For the sweeney you can say how there are mostly men in the drama which shows that it is a patriarchal society and link that to the audience of the show who were mainly men. You can also say how the sweeney is packed with action which is stereotypical as men are seen as violent. This changes with the modern crime drama Luther where there are female characters playing important roles for example Zoe, then explain from there why that is and how society views on men and women have changed. This should be in the structure point evidence from the show and explaining how that links back to social and cultural contexts. By the way, they will never mention the sweeney you have to realise that yourself since it is on contexts. Also, sorry for being late hope that helped.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending