The Student Room Group

A-level Media Studies Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the A-level Media Studies Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:
Reply 1
Original post by Pwca

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yea

Hello there,
hope you're doing absolutely wonderful,
I took media studies for the very first time in AS level AQA British board
I was wondering if you have any note, resources or websites which could be helpful for me as its my first time.
I would appreciate your help
thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Pwca

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Hello there,
Hope you’re doing great,
Just wanted to ask as this is my fist time taking media studies for AS level AQA do you have any resources,recommendations ,past papers or websites which could be useful for me?
Need urgent help ?
hey!!! quick question, is this the group i'd go to for film studies? i don't do media but i couldn't find a similar study group post :frown:
Original post by Pwca

Reply 4
Original post by shinxscientist
hey!!! quick question, is this the group i'd go to for film studies? i don't do media but i couldn't find a similar study group post :frown:

Does anybody has AQA,AS level media studies resources and past papers
Original post by shinxscientist

Hiya, I've just made an A-level Film Studies Study Group and you can find it here :smile:
Original post by Pwca

Hi,so can anyone pls tell me what media studies is rlly like? im starting Alevels soon and im not sure if i should opt for it. Is it like socio,full of theories?
Reply 7
Original post by areebaumair
Hi,so can anyone pls tell me what media studies is rlly like? im starting Alevels soon and im not sure if i should opt for it. Is it like socio,full of theories?
not a lot of theories only 8 we need to remember the theory side is easy
Original post by xtaylorx
not a lot of theories only 8 we need to remember the theory side is easy

there's a lot of theories for eduqas!!
Reply 9
Hello,

I'm doing the CIE IAL media course.

The exam is in two weeks and we've only just started learning about the second half of the paper - the side about industry. I am so lost and I con't fully understand what I need to know.

If anyone knows of any websites, resources or just anything helpful, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.
Original post by davidcrystal
there's a lot of theories for eduqas!!

im edquas we only need to know 8 lol
Original post by xtaylorx
im edquas we only need to know 8 lol

I wish we only did 8 ☹️ There are some theories that the exam board say we have to know, but we also learn many that will just help us.
I am STRESSED about the media exam 😭 Does anyone have any helpful revision tips? Like how to memorise certain topics?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending