The Student Room Group

Meritocracy vs Positive Discrimination

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
some of the things you mentioned, such as aid, are actually done for the West's benefit more than anything else. The amount of bull**** going on between Africa and the west is so much and all aid does is pacify the issue

When it comes to things like race the reason society handles it poorly because it wants to keep the status quo. With all the initiatives and schemes, so long as this society remains racist we will not see the change in jobs and professions needed to make society actually be equal

Congratulations on not answering the points at all and continuing to wear your tinfoil hat. How exactly does aid help the west so much, it isn't exactly cheap.
Original post by TorpidPhil
I agree. I've started to like positive discrimination tbh. As peculiar as it seems at first. The reality is that it is necessary for a better future.

A better future for who?
Original post by Wave of Wisdom
A better future for who?

Everyone.
cant be racist since people of my colour do not have the institutional power necessary to impose stereotypes on other people of colour. try again

I just want society to be fixed mate. that means giving BMEs those opportunities and doorways into those jobs and places which allow them to help their communities and bring up BMEs.

I'm Pakistani and you are a f-ucking idiot.
Racism is defined as prejudice, discrimination or antagonism, based on that persons race.
By your definition/argument, all native Pakistani's are racist because white people in Pakistan ' do not have institutional power'.
Get off of Tumblr.
Everyone.

What happened to you, Phil? I don't remember you being a full on LGBT anti-racism anti-intellectual fascist when you first started posting here last year. You joined me in the crusade against the sexual identity crowd. Now, your avatard is a gay interracial couple kissing and are claiming that positive discrimination is a great thing for everybody.

Is this what TSR does to you?
What happened to you, Phil? I don't remember you being a full on LGBT anti-racism anti-intellectual fascist when you first started posting here last year. You joined me in the crusade against the sexual identity crowd. Now, your avatard is a gay interracial couple kissing and are claiming that positive discrimination is a great thing for everybody.

Is this what TSR does to you?

Nah. Being a lonely bastard while simultaneously being an overemotional wreck has led to me being a bit wet to say the least. I just love everyone now. Except bigots. And except those I disagree with. lol... I dunno man. I dunno. Pretty sure it's deeper than TSR though tbh.

HigherMinion?
Nah. Being a lonely bastard while simultaneously being an overemotional wreck has led to me being a bit wet to say the least. I just love everyone now. Except bigots. And except those I disagree with. lol... I dunno man. I dunno. Pretty sure it's deeper than TSR though tbh.

I think you have been spiritually defeated. It saddens me to see you become a shell; a replaceable cog in this machine. A man free of judgement is just a slave.

HigherMinion?
Reply 67
It's just a 'can't solve the problem, so we'll just fix the results' kind of attitude.
Original post by BobbyFlay
I'm Pakistani and you are a f-ucking idiot.
Racism is defined as prejudice, discrimination or antagonism, based on that persons race.
By your definition/argument, all native Pakistani's are racist because white people in Pakistan ' do not have institutional power'.
Get off of Tumblr.

no need to swear at me because you dont understand racism

Racism is power+prejudice. I cant speak for pakistan because im not pakistani but definitely in england POCs cant be racist
Original post by Jammy Duel
Congratulations on not answering the points at all and continuing to wear your tinfoil hat. How exactly does aid help the west so much, it isn't exactly cheap.

Aid keeps the developing countries in the mindset they need the west to stay functional and gives the west the "seemingly" moral ground. in reality the west continue to exploit developing countries for their resources, benefit from the brain drain in wars they sometimes contribute in flaring up the animosity, and intervene in other countries policies a bit too much.

Racism is power+prejudice. I cant speak for pakistan because im not pakistani but definitely in england POCs cant be racist

Seriously just leave the country our average intelligence will rise

Posted from TSR Mobile

no need to swear at me because you dont understand racismt

POCs cant be racist

POCs cant be racist

POCs cant be racist

POCs cant be racist

What tribe do you belong to?
What tribe do you belong to?

Well POCs cant be racist to whites in Britain at least
Original post by paul514
Seriously just leave the country our average intelligence will rise

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indemnify my country then we will leave.
Well POCs cant be racist to whites in Britain at least

Do you care to explain how this is at all possible? So, your tribe can attack the natives, plunder private property and rape their women- and if it's distinctly foreign tribe vs. native tribe: there is no racial motivation involved and they can't be accused of racism?

I'm done here
Indemnify my country then we will leave.

Compensate which country? Why? Isn't this your country?

Very very odd person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
i know equality of oppourtunity is theoretically better than equality of outcome, but with poorer education, more likelihood of imprisonment, less amenities, less networking opportunities and less structured households how do we expect BME to be represented in the work force if we don't positively discriminate at all

READ THIS FIRST: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61090/IR_FairAccess_acc2.pdf .

Unless you come from a private school you can forget it.

So much irony...
Please address my argument.

What about in places in England where say whites are a minority? Hackney for instance? If a white person was stabbed by a black person in that area for being a 'Whitey' would that not be a racist assault?
Original post by Davij038
What about in places in England where say whites are a minority? Hackney for instance? If a white person was stabbed by a black person in that area for being a 'Whitey' would that not be a racist assault?

A friend of mine and his mate were attacked by 6 POC's in Croydon. He is a self defence nut and there was blood everywhere, even he got a broken nose. They stole his mate's phone and wallet but there was no report in the press.

London is now 40% white British so this was an attack on a minority.

Of course, the non-political truth is that, as always, there are gangs, white and black and even mixed in London. My white father got beaten up in the 1970s by a gang of skinheads. Being attacked by gangs is nothing new in towns and cities.

What is new since the 1980s is the media stirring it up all the time and the self righteous feeling holy about POC victims.

I would like to see a law against postmarxism - perhaps a public flogging for anyone who poses as a saint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending