The Student Room Group

Why the left-wing lose the debate

Scroll to see replies

Original post by balanced
They are left wing. The BNP, are Left Wing.

first line of the wikipedia article on the BNP: 'The British National Party (BNP) is a far-right British nationalist political party in the United Kingdom. '
Reply 41
Actually ecoomically the Bnp are to the left of new labour. They are lazily described as far right due to being pro britian anti immigration.
Original post by Repsol
first line of the wikipedia article on the BNP: 'The British National Party (BNP) is a far-right British nationalist political party in the United Kingdom. '

I always associated facism and extreme nationism with a right wing agenda. But then you can mix and match on economics, security and nationalism after which you have confusion for those who see the world only in terms of left and right.

And those pictures are EDL btw.
Original post by Repsol

Have you watched one of their videos? They are an anti-austerity party, only left wingers who are ashamed that they are linked with these people describe them as right-wing. They want large scale governmental involvement to protect the worker's pay and jobs (immigration control) and increased spending, increased military spending, less cuts.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100048409/100048409/

It's muddled thinking to simply describe the likes of the British National Party as "extreme right". The truth is that on issues like health, transport, housing, protectionism and globalisation, their economics are left of Labour
^^^^ politcalcompass.org
Have you watched one of their videos? They are an anti-austerity party, only left wingers who are ashamed that they are linked with these people describe them as right-wing. They want large scale governmental involvement to protect the worker's pay and jobs (immigration control) and increased spending, increased military spending, less cuts.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/danielhannan/100048409/100048409/

It's muddled thinking to simply describe the likes of the British National Party as "extreme right". The truth is that on issues like health, transport, housing, protectionism and globalisation, their economics are left of Labour
^^^^ politcalcompass.org

Fair enough, I suppose Wikipedia is wrong on this one.

I always thought the whole left/right thing was a bit of a crude measurement personally. A party can easily be highly right-wing in relation to social politics and extremely left-wing in terms of economics, or vice versa...
I always measure it on economics as that is what pays for everything else

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aside from anything else, those pics are of the EDL, not the BNP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending