The Student Room Group

Could A Level Chemistry be for me? I have an eye for attention to detail.

Let us know...
Original post by Genialtropism
Let us know...

What exactly do you mean by having an 'eye for attention to detail'? Many A-Level subjects are replete with 'detail'..
Reply 2
If you're are good at remembering things and are somewhat okay with maths, you should be fine
Reply 3
???????
Original post by 123456789012
What exactly do you mean by having an 'eye for attention to detail'? Many A-Level subjects are replete with 'detail'..

I am at peace with intricate concepts, that would otherwise topple typical students...
Reply 5
I am at peace with intricate concepts, that would otherwise topple typical students...

Thats one way of saying you pick up on things with ease, but its less to do with if you can do them, its more if you want to do them, I know before I posted

Original post by mikeymk
If you're are good at remembering things and are somewhat okay with maths, you should be fine

But thinking about it, I could have done A Level Geography or History based on the fact I'm good at remembering stuff, but I didn't coz I wouldn't enjoy the material, what I said is still true, you need to be good at maths to some degree, and a good memory helps, there are lots of equations on extraction transition metals, ozone depletion, how to make esters, aldehydes, acyl chlorides ect, and not to mention mechanisms, so there is a lot to remember, but if that doesn't appeal to you, then it won't make a good choice, and if it does, by all means go for it.

Go for it.. I think A-Level Chemistry is more about understanding than memorising. If the understanding is there then memorising shouldn't be a big deal.
You already know the answer to your question
"eye for attention to detail"... it isn't a CV, enough with the clichés.
Original post by drinktheoceans
"eye for attention to detail"... it isn't a CV, enough with the clichés.

Well, I can look at things from an 'intrinsic, and mechanical' perspective. Does that help?
Well, I can look at things from an 'intrinsic, and mechanical' perspective. Does that help?

are you trolling or do you normally suck your own dick this hard?
Original post by theguywhosaidhi

I can do both but answer the gd question fool
Original post by theguywhosaidhi

LOL :tongue:
A level chemistry (and any science) is for anybody who is genuinely interested and works to get concepts and understand material, apply knowledge rather than simply memorize question papers and mark schemes.

Any A level involves detail. If you like Chemistry then pick it, simple as....

Any A level involves detail. If you like Chemistry then pick it, simple as....
Stop trying to show off on tsr, you don't do it because you can, you do it because you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest