The Student Room Group

Deloitte vs EY for an audit apprentice role.

Hi, I was wondering if you guys could give me an opinion on whether I should go for EY or Deloitte in a role as an auditor. I'll explain the context of the situation (although some of this may be unneeded). I'm currently a college student studying Maths. Physics, Chemistry and AS Further Maths wanting to go into a role in audit as an apprentice. I've compared the details of each offer below:

Pay:
Deloitte has a higher starting salary.

Ranking:
Deloitte is ranked 1st whilst EY is ranked 3rd.

Benefits and compensation:
Largely Similar

Travel:
Easier for me to get to Deloitte but not significantly

Time to qualify:
Both take 4 years to get the ACA.

Approach to learning:
Both have very similar methods in training their apprentices.

Entry Requirements:
Deloitte - BBC
EY - A*A*A*A (these are my predicted grades but my friend's manager said they typically accept up to 2/3 grades lower)

Working hours:
Both have the same "work hours" but, from speaking to people from LinkedIn and friends it seems that EY apprentices (1st and 2nd) year work much less than Deloitte apprentices.

Extra details:
I'm leaning towards Deloitte but I want a completely unbiased view. I have a close friend as a 1st year apprentice at EY currently and from the way he, along with others, explains how the company treats their employees it seems that EY auditors are treated better. As to what my future goals are - I am currently unsure whether I'll stay in Big 4 I just want to get a feel for the work and get qualified so I'd like to keep options open and I am very ambitious.

I think that's everything but if there are further questions I can answer in the replies. Let me know what you think and thanks.
Reply 1
Tbh i would say on face value defo take deloitte but since u said that EY may have better work relations etc i would say go to a offer holder day for each 1 and see which u like best
Original post by ma937
Tbh i would say on face value defo take deloitte but since u said that EY may have better work relations etc i would say go to a offer holder day for each 1 and see which u like best
I'm also wondering what would have a higher qualifying salary
Reply 3
Original post by Incrediblezed
I'm also wondering what would have a higher qualifying salary
defo use glassdoor that what i use: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Compare/Deloitte-vs-EY-EI_IE2763-E2784.htm
From the stats and rating it quite 50/50

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending