The Student Room Group

Study Abroad Travel Grant

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could advise me in my current situation. I have recently been given the wonderful opportunity to study abroad this coming year, my parents earn above the threshold for the student travel grant, however, I am a triplet and I am unlikely to afford the year without extra funding. If they were to divide my household income by three I would be able to access every funding possible - but obviously the system doesn't take this into account! Due to my parents having to support my other siblings who are at university costs are going to be extremely stretched. If my parents were to earn under £39,796 I would only have to pay the first £303 for travel costs and allowed the travel grant - but I wont have access to any of these. Does anyone have any information on how I can make the year affordable. Has anyone ever appealed to student finance - do you think I should with my current situation. I am also looking for a part-time job this summer to help me out. Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending