The Student Room Group

Choosing your uni

I’ve had offers from all my unis and now have no idea how to decide which to go to. I’ve made pros and cons lists but if anyone has any big points for me on the vet nursing course at Bristol, rvc or NTU it would be greatly appreciated please. Thank you☺️
Reply 1
Did you go to open/offer days? - Whats your gut feeling?
Do you prefer city or outside?
If one uni more expensive than another?
Do you prefer bigger or smaller unis?
Do you need the unis to have any accrediations?
Have you considered travel costs, rent costs?
Do you need somewhere its easy to get a job?
Does the uni have a grant/bursuary if you need financial support?

RVC is amazing to get an offer at - Camden campus in London just been this weekend, not cheap and smaller rooms if in halls.
I much prefer RVC and it has a lot of accrediations if you ever wanted to work abroad without retraining.
Seriously I would put RVC at top of list but your decision. Use the above to help make a smaller list.
Reply 2
Original post by Googley2
Did you go to open/offer days? - Whats your gut feeling?
Do you prefer city or outside?
If one uni more expensive than another?
Do you prefer bigger or smaller unis?
Do you need the unis to have any accrediations?
Have you considered travel costs, rent costs?
Do you need somewhere its easy to get a job?
Does the uni have a grant/bursuary if you need financial support?

RVC is amazing to get an offer at - Camden campus in London just been this weekend, not cheap and smaller rooms if in halls.
I much prefer RVC and it has a lot of accrediations if you ever wanted to work abroad without retraining.
Seriously I would put RVC at top of list but your decision. Use the above to help make a smaller list.

I don’t think the question of accreditation is the same for vet nursing as for vets. The most important is to feel comfortable in the environment, the rest is completely secondary. If you’re unhappy and stressed the uni can have the highest ranking in the world, but your studies will not be the experience you hoped for. So if finance isn’t an issue, the real question is do you want to be on that campus and do you just want to be with vet orientated students. Some people see that as a system of support where everyone is interested in the same things, whilst others feel that there is no escape from the course, and the competition between students is unavoidable. If it’s the latter for you, then somewhere that has a mix of students studying other subjects is best.
It’s important to know what group you fall into.
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending