The Student Room Group

Last.fm

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I've just had an update for the application and it's the third in about a week and a half. Does anyone know what's getting updated? I can't see any more changes myself. :p:
Reply 181
sparklebolts
If it's 29 seconds or less it's not supposed to get counted.

Not especially grindcore friendly.
Reply 182
Not great for the little interludes you find all over the place either. Sometimes the 20 second interludes are the best pieces on an album.
It's not scrobbling!! This new 'update' isn't quite what i was expecting..
Reply 184
It was scrobbling my stuff last night but this morning it didn't want to connect at all.

:puppyeyes:

I wonder if all of these updates are patches to fix the last updates...
Change Log

The iPod scrobble works pretty well ;yes;
i wonder.....

Listening to music for 2 hours and nothing to show for it :frown:
Reply 187
Mine seems to be scrobbling now.

Well... the site realises that I'm listening to a radio station. That's a start.

Manalishi
Change Log

The iPod scrobble works pretty well ;yes;

Cool. Thanks. :biggrin: Looks like the changes were things being fixed.
what's the best way to use it? I tend to type in the name of a band and it finds similar artists. What does subscribing do? Does it cost? I'll have a look into it myself, but is it worth it? How do you get it to just pick random music from your itunes and find music similar to that?
Reply 189
Danielle89
what's the best way to use it? I tend to type in the name of a band and it finds similar artists.

I suppose the 'best' way will depend on the person... I don't like the similar artist stations because the similar artists have fans in common rather than a particular sound. I think the tag stations are better.

The recommendations are pretty good once your charts have built up as well.

What does subscribing do? Does it cost? I'll have a look into it myself, but is it worth it?

If you subscribe you get to listen to your loved tracks station and your own tag radio stations (which will usually only work when several people have used the same tag enough times). You also get a blue icon next to your name (big deal...) and you get to see the visitors your profile has had.

How do you get it to just pick random music from your itunes and find music similar to that?

I assume you have to type the in the artist's name (as you've been doing). I don't really know what you mean. :p:
ok doke, will just stick to the unsubscribed version I think. Ta for the info :smile:
Reply 191
Cool. I lived without a subcription for ages and there was plenty to do for free. :p:
That's all you get for a subscription. Some people have too much money to waste :p:
Reply 193
It's only £1.50 and I love my tag radio stations. :p:
My last.fm seems to have gone wrong. Horribly wrong :frown:

Has anybody else noticed their track count drop by about 100 before? And does it come back again? :-/
Not sure what's going on with it. But yesterday it wouldn't scobble. About 20 mins ago, still nothing. 15 minutes later, all the tracks i listened too last night were back on there. And it's scrobbling the stuff i'm listening too now. So, maybe those 100 will come back at some point...
Yeah, it's done that from time to time with me too. I'm really hoping they do!
Reply 197
JesterFromHell
Has anybody else noticed their track count drop by about 100 before? And does it come back again? :-/

Mine went down by about 1500 a few times during November and December but the tracks always came back.

The system's had a bit of a clean up in recent weeks, I think, so you might never get that 100 back because they might be accidental scrobbles. Depends on how you use the site. If you use their radio stations a lot you might have loads that need cleaning up. I know that my track count went down a bit to get rid of double plays and banned songs that got scrobbled.
1500?! That would have scared me a little :P

I don't really listen to the radio stations that much so it's all stuff I've just listened to normally. Will just have to see :smile:
Reply 199
If that's the case, I'm 95% certain that yours will go back up. No need to panic (unless that's what you're into). Loads of people have been having the same problem recently.

Last night I got a message about the servers being overloaded. :puppyeyes:

Quick Reply

Latest