The Student Room Group

Last.fm

Scroll to see replies

arpeggio
Does anyone know how to get the songs you've listened to on your ipod to be scrobbled? It isn't working for me :frown: I think I might have an old version of itunes if that makes any difference.

You've got to have a certain version of iTunes and last.fm software, it should ask you to update soon if it hasn't already.
Reply 781
Is last.fm dead or is it just me? :frown:
Reply 782
It's just you, I'm afraid (or everyone but me). What's broken this time? :p:
Hmm ok thanks I'll look into it. Another noobish question: if you switch to a new version of itunes, does it transfer your music library?
Reply 784
Just the site...it won't load :s scrobbling seems to work though.
arpeggio
Hmm ok thanks I'll look into it. Another noobish question: if you switch to a new version of itunes, does it transfer your music library?

Yeh, it should do.
Reply 786
It's all working fine here. I just signed in to check. Panic. :p:
Hehehe, it's working ok for me too. Maybe they're doing some kind of maintenance on your bit/area/not us :p:
Reply 788
Maybe he's just been banhammered for liking... uh... someone.

You'll have to insert your own example there. :p:
According to my recommendations radio last.fm thinks I'd LOVE obscure Icelandic/German/whatever electronic ambient music. Either theres something they know about me that i dont or they've got something very wrong.
n u c l e a r b d h
Maybe he's just been banhammered for liking... uh... someone.

You'll have to insert your own example there. :p:

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps? :p:
Reply 791
Respect the Peas.

:teeth:
Reply 792
Hmmm i can connect through a proxy - why does last.fm hate me? :frown:
Maybe give it a hard refresh, CTRL + F5. Or go into the options and delete cookies for the site.
When I scrobble my ipod it seems to scrobble most tracks I play twice. Does anyone else get this? It's strange, you would think it would realise the error as the times are the same for both tracks.
Reply 795
It's working again...strange though cos I couldn't get any incoming connection from last.fm through a browser or the client (on multiple computers) except through proxy so last.fm doesn't like my IP? Or maybe an issue with my ISP... ? (i'm not particularly tech-savvy) :s-smilie:

angelk8
When I scrobble my ipod it seems to scrobble most tracks I play twice. Does anyone else get this? It's strange, you would think it would realise the error as the times are the same for both tracks.

Yeah I get that a lot. I also have a strange issue of one or two tracks scrobbling each time I connect my ipod. I must have scrobbled "In Flames - Ordinary Story" that I listened to 5d, 2h and 44m ago about 8 times now.
Moogen
It's working again...strange though cos I couldn't get any incoming connection from last.fm through a browser or the client (on multiple computers) except through proxy so last.fm doesn't like my IP? Or maybe an issue with my ISP... ? (i'm not particularly tech-savvy) :s-smilie:

Yeah I get that a lot. I also have a strange issue of one or two tracks scrobbling each time I connect my ipod. I must have scrobbled "In Flames - Ordinary Story" that I listened to 5d, 2h and 44m ago about 8 times now.

Lol, last.fm is weird :p:
Moogen

Just one of those mysterious things, sometimes my page takes ages to load for no particular reason. Actually could've been a stale DNS cache at your ISP I suppose. Anything is possible!
Reply 798
I've just noticed that a lot of this week's recommendations don't have streamable tracks (or 30 second samples). It seems a bit pointless.
There just arent enough full tracks for me, i find it impossible to judge a band based upon 30 second samples :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest