The Student Room Group

Humanitas Medicine

Anyone applied/accepted in Humanitas medicine?
What were your grades for ukcat, A levels etc?
I'm a current student and am going to transfer out , I'm not recommending this school if you have any other options It's brand new, so you expect some niggles going in, but honestly they are not organised in the slightest and worse of all have no interest in working with you to help you when something isn't clear or completely ready. They do not acknowledge their gaps and don't have any level of professionalism , more about "va bene!" than getting down to business. Their student office is composed of four harried people desperately trying to get everything done and it is simply not equipped to deal with international students - they should've stayed an italian-only school. They have no procedures in place for students approaching them with questions about financial aid, local real estate, etc, things that are so standard and that you'd anticipate international people having issues with. they're friendly but it's more like let's research this together and I have no idea if this will work or if it's a wild goose chase we have to try....and you're doing all the work on your own limited free time. Classes aren't unreasonably tough but it sucks to try to handle everything else on your own on top of this. they love saying "don't worry" but then it's crunch time and they have no results to offer, you are totally on your own and they shrug at you. it's all taught by italians with varying levels of english knowledge - some of it is so bad, the powerpoints are useless and the handouts are unreadable. supposedly it's very good by italian standards , the class is 75% local kids, but if you've had experience in a UK or US school you're gonna be disappointed. Oh and Rozzano is a scary *****y residential area, there isn't even a coffee shop for students to go to. It's pretty dangerous and the commute kinda sucks. they're making improvements and no doubt will become a competitive school, especially now accepting the UKCAT...it's just not there yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm a current student and am going to transfer out , I'm not recommending this school if you have any other optionsIt's brand new, so you expect some niggles going in, but honestly they are not organised in the slightest and worse of all have no interest in working with you to help you when something isn't clear or completely ready. They do not acknowledge their gaps and don't have any level of professionalism , more about
Hey, do you know where you want to transfer to ? Also, how long have you been here ? Have you seen some improvements ? Thanks !
Reply 4
Hey thanks for the report.How long have you been studying in humanitas university? Do you think that the medical practice and clinical work is well organized? Are the classes integrated with the hospital as well? Where are you planning to move?Thank you very much for your time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending