The Student Room Group

Aqa biology paper 1 a level 7th june 2018

Scroll to see replies

Yh what the hell was that question!!! I said that it binds to the enzyme and acts as a non competitive inhibitor and makes the active site more complementary to the ATP so more hydrolysis of ATP. No idea tho cause I was left baffled😭😭😭
Reply 21
I revised the heart in extreme detail as well as haemoglobin dissociation curves and guess what?
AQA decide to miss out two of the biggest topics in AS Biology and decide to test us on flipping bees.
What the hell AQA?
Original post by ShitInMyArse
I thought that exam was ****ing beautiful. Sat the A2 exam last year and P1 was way harder than this year, feeling proper confident. Very nice questions i thought. Sorry if i sound like a right ****

I sat the last years paper as well. I think last years paper was nicer looking back now😭 Well done though!
Original post by ShitInMyArse
I thought that exam was ****ing beautiful. Sat the A2 exam last year and P1 was way harder than this year, feeling proper confident. Very nice questions i thought. Sorry if i sound like a right ****

I think you should wipe off the **** in your arse
missed out the ending question. and the obeserved and expected thingy. what did u get for the animal was it horse or rabbit?
Reply 25
Original post by Xusor1
I think I got 31%

I think i got 31.4 %
Original post by ryangill007
missed out the ending question. and the obeserved and expected thingy. what did u get for the animal was it horse or rabbit?

Rabbit but not sure

Horse

Horse. More blood = More Antibodies = Less animals used for higher percentage of antibodies. I think.
Original post by Seventyseven777
Yh what the hell was that question!!! I said that it binds to the enzyme and acts as a non competitive inhibitor and makes the active site more complementary to the ATP so more hydrolysis of ATP. No idea tho cause I was left baffled😭😭😭

it was a competitive inhibitor, cause it binded to the active site reduced e-s complexes
Original post by Xusor1
I think I got 31%

Same
Reply 31
same

Original post by Xusor1
I think I got 31%
Original post by shitinmyarse
horse. More blood = more antibodies = less animals used for higher percentage of antibodies. I think.

get in there my son! Yes! U had to work out the volume for the rabbit and the horse and horse was was by far the biggest like 4000 something!!!
What did everyone write for the Fe3+ question? couldn't figure it out at all
it was a competitive inhibitor, cause it binded to the active site reduced e-s complexes

I put that as well
Reply 35
Original post by Zeem
I revised the heart in extreme detail as well as haemoglobin dissociation curves and guess what?
AQA decide to miss out two of the biggest topics in AS Biology and decide to test us on flipping bees.
What the hell AQA?

Original post by Seventyseven777

For that q I said it binds to another site making active site more complementary and so more ESC formed so similar answers there pal
Original post by aqsahawan
same

i got like 33
Original post by Mnahel Saleem
what did u get for the percentage one? i got 62%

I got 33% :/
Original post by Mnahel Saleem
what did u get for the percentage one? i got 62%

Wasn’t it 0.48/1.4 x100 = 34%?
The questions were far too applied. The paper 1 last year was so much easier and I found it to have a lot more content that was actually important to the specification. If AQA don't sort themselves out they are going to be seriously reprimanded because the papers this year (both GCSE and A-level) have been shocking according to students reviews and they need to sort themselves out otherwise I am sure that people schools are going to switch their exam boards to edexcel or OCR where the papers are more fair!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending