Original post by brendonurine
wasn’t it 0.48/1.4 x100 = 34%?

yh got that i got 34.5
Reply 42
this exam makes me want to do hard drugs
Reply 43
I acc did the last question first 😂 Andy it fvckn helped
Reply 44
did anyone else feel like they just guessed 90% of the paper? or am I just stupid
Reply 45
it was much harder than last years paper for sure, i reckon the grade boundaries will be similar to last year o maybe a tad higher because its the second sitting
Reply 46
Was it Anaphase??
(edited 5 years ago)
the questions were a blessing , the time limit was a slap in the face
Original post by yupadu
Was it Anaphase??

maybe prophase?
Reply 49
Original post by gymcattaylah
The questions were far too applied. The paper 1 last year was so much easier and I found it to have a lot more content that was actually important to the specification. If AQA don't sort themselves out they are going to be seriously reprimanded because the papers this year (both GCSE and A-level) have been shocking according to students reviews and they need to sort themselves out otherwise I am sure that people schools are going to switch their exam boards to edexcel or OCR where the papers are more fair!!

I would totally agree. It was as if AQA were trying to make you spend ages on the first half of the paper so that you didn't have enough time to answer the longer questions at the end which is cruel. Although, I didn't fall in that trap as I straight away went to the back because I know what AQA are like!
Original post by yupadu
Was it Anaphase??

I got interphase
Original post by ryangill007
it was a competitive inhibitor, cause it binded to the active site reduced e-s complexes

Competitive inhibitors bind to active site, Cyclin A “binds to the protein to be used in dna replication” so it must have been alosteric
I put prophase, couldnt see movement but was doubled and visible?

What reason for the difference in Fe3+ did you suggest between the old and young leaf? So confused on that question - described results - not much else....
Reply 53
Original post by ursila16
maybe prophase?

I said it was prophase because they hadn't alligned at the metaphase plate.
Original post by Chrispa
I got interphase

Same here
For the potato one did you get the surface area of the 1 cube to be 35x35x6=7350 and then the total surface area of the 8 tubes to be 17.5x17.5x6x8=14700? And then I didvided each by 62g for mm2 per g, and then timed by the gradients which were -0.225 and -0.125 to get the rate of osmosis being -26.7 mm2 per minute for the large cube and for the 8 small cubes -29.6
Reply 56
I need to lie down.
Reply 57
Original post by yupadu
Was it Anaphase??

I said Anaphase too, then changed it to prophase, then changed it back to anaphase. But hey it was only a mark :smile:
Original post by yupadu
Was it Anaphase??

No prophase
If you guys want to make an unofficial markscheme, create one and tag me in so we can promote it around the site and get the answers filled in as soon as possible

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending