The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Biology 8461 - Paper 2 - 7th June 2019 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Required Practicals predictions?
ok thanks
Original post by Rayku
Thanks. That's good, but I'd advice focusing more on endocrine system as the nervous system came up quite a bit last year with a 6 marker as well on the CNS so
-protein synthesis
-role of FSH,LH,oestrogen,progesterone
-cyclical nature of predator and prey population
-biodiversity
-menstrual cycle graph
Original post by BrandonS15
Anyone got any ideas for topics that may come up tomorrow?
Original post by Aryan3031
-protein synthesis
-role of FSH,LH,oestrogen,progesterone
-cyclical nature of predator and prey population
-biodiversity
-menstrual cycle graph

What do I need to remember for the menstrual cycle graph? Will I be asked to draw it or to interpret it given to me? What do I need to interpret about it? What types of questions could they ask me about it? For protein synthesis do I need to know about amino acids being the building blocks?
They could ask you anything how am I meant to know what they're gonna ask :biggrin:
What do I need to remember for the menstrual cycle graph? Will I be asked to draw it or to interpret it given to me? What do I need to interpret about it? What types of questions could they ask me about it? For protein synthesis do I need to know about amino acids being the building blocks?
Reply 25

The spec says interpreting and extracting, drawing one would be a task haha, and the data will probably noting key parts of the cycle or a hormone graph
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 26
Blood glucose level
Menstrual hormones
Embryonic screening
Ecology speciation
Genetic diagrams
Sexual asexual reproduction
Protein synthesis
Water control
Original post by jasleen_music
Required Practicals predictions?

The decay practical and/or the reaction time practical.
Original post by UnbelievablyEasy
The decay practical and/or the reaction time practical.

In your opinion, which topics do you think will feature in the exam?

I'm pretty sure the decay practical could come up. The fertility part of homeostasis doesn't seem to come up so it could come up too.
I have a strong feeling the menstrual cycle will come up as it was literally skipped in the 2018 paper.

Hopefully it will be about the interactions of the hormones as that is a more straightforward question, compared to a problem-solving evolution one or something.
In your opinion, which topics do you think will feature in the exam?

The water cycle, sustainability, food chains, labelling eye, DNA & proteins in how they work and structure (maybe 6 marker?), biotic/abiotic factors, menstrual cycle/anything fertility related, homeostasis & negative feedback 6 marker highly predicted by people too, meiosis + genetic crosses, the newer model of classification and why it was needed.
In the exam can we write FSH and LH or do we have to use the full name?
Original post by Aryan3031
In the exam can we write FSH and LH or do we have to use the full name?

I believe you can just write FSH and LH without losing marks for not writing the whole name because the examiners will know what you mean.
Reply 34
Original post by kakashi.hatake
ayo, i have a revision discord server, message me ur name so that i can add u ya digggg

Does anyone know what time this exam at
Original post by GalilHD
Does anyone know what time this exam at

Good luck my fellows
Reply 37
Good luck to everyone sitting this later today!

Smash it guys! :rave:
Reply 38
Good luck everyone!
I've only revised homeostasis and the brain so hopefully that will get me 10 marks 🤣
How did it go today guys?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending