The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Biology 7402 - Paper 2 - 13th June 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Look for points that agree with the statement; so like quote the data in support of the students claims and another external factor like large sample size

Then say like 2/3 points for no, like SD May overlap or other factors may take into place which could affect the results that the student didn’t look at (e.g. if diseases, maybe health and lifestyle and food choice and age and gender)
Original post by LifeIsSoHard
Guys do you have any tips/advice on how to answer and get full marks on the evaluation & conclusion questions, like “evaluate the student’s conclusion...” ?
do we need to know about germ line and somatic cell therapy for A2?
Reply 62
Is it right to say that IAA stimulates cell elongation in shoots and inhibits cell elongation in roots?
yh not cell division
Original post by Azeee
Is it right to say that IAA stimulates cell elongation in shoots and inhibits cell elongation in roots?
Could someone explain the nitrogen cycle step by step?
Reply 65
Nitrogen fixation: Nitrogen gas from atmosphere converted into ammonia then ammonium ions by nitrogen-fixing bacteria.
Ammonification: Nitrogen compounds from dead organisms are converted into ammonia by saprobionts, which goes on to form ammonium ions.
Nitrification: Ammonium ions changed into nitrites then nitrates by nitrifying bacteria.
Denitrification: Nitrates converted back into nitrogen gas by denitrifying bacteria (they use nitrates in the soil to carry out respiration which produces nitrogen gas - happens under anaerobic conditions)
Original post by Mcpatel24
Could someone explain the nitrogen cycle step by step?

Tailored tutors have a great YouTube video that explains it well :smile:
Literally can't focus on revision at all
I hate biology lol
Reply 68
its in the A2 spec yeah
Reply 69
Link is not working
Original post by tocka90
Look at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...AnOAPVBv-QRNTQ

Revision per topic

Exam tips

Model answers

2018 papers explained and all working outs provided
Reply 70
This you tube link is not working. Please check
Original post by tocka90
Look at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...AnOAPVBv-QRNTQ

Revision per topic

Exam tips

Model answers

2018 papers explained and all working outs provided
same
Original post by 0rg4n1c
Literally can't focus on revision at all
I hate biology lol
I thought we only need to know the required practicals for paper 3?!
A2 biology content is so overwhelming! where do I begin
Start from the beginning, literally from photosynthesis all the way to DNA tech. It’s helpful to go through your spec and see exactly what u need to know and then read ur notes based on the spec points
Original post by Zahra098
A2 biology content is so overwhelming! where do I begin
Reply 75
How's everyone feeling about this ahead of tomorrow? :hugs:
guys is it an afternoon exam tmrw? //morning?
AQA 7402 Paper 2 Biology - 2 hours in the MORNING
Original post by Danielle D
guys is it an afternoon exam tmrw? //morning?
oh f*uck ok ty x
Original post by Bubbley01
AQA 7402 Paper 2 Biology - 2 hours in the MORNING
This is true. I spoke to a teacher outside of my college who is an examiner for biology exams. She said that they start with the standard mark scheme that was prepared months ago but if the examiner reads an answer that isn't on the mark scheme but they feel is correct, they pass it on to the head marker who will add it to the markscheme if necessary.
Original post by UnknownError404
I've been told that the mark scheme the examiners use is far more detailed than the online one and has other acceptable answers based on the responses for that paper. the mark scheme is adjusted multiple times.

^ one of my teachers said this for chem but idk if it's true. sounds reasonable tho so I'd assume it's true. and if it's true for chemistry then it's also true for biology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending