The Student Room Group

Large Data Set A level Maths

I’m studying A level Edexcel Maths and I’m not quite sure what exactly we need to know? The book doesn’t explain it too well either.
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Htn_02
I’m studying A level Edexcel Maths and I’m not quite sure what exactly we need to know? The book doesn’t explain it too well either.

Taken from Resourceaholic:

Large Data Set Resources (Edexcel only)

Data Set Activities - Edexcel

'Cambourne' (correlation and regression task) - @DanMWhitehouse

'Inland vs Coast' (analysis activity) - @DanMWhitehouse

Also make sure you attempt every question related to the LDS in your textbook. When you revise, try using some of the statistical tests against the LDS data e.g. you could find the standard deviation of part of it and think about its limitations.

Finally make sure you try every question involving the LDS in all the specimen, mock, past and practice papers (your teacher should provide you with all of these).

I think if you do all of this then you'll be better prepared than most and should be able to tackle an LDS question in the real thing.
Reply 4
Original post by Notnek

Also make sure you attempt every question related to the LDS in your textbook. When you revise, try using some of the statistical tests against the LDS data e.g. you could find the standard deviation of part of it and think about its limitations.

Finally make sure you try every question involving the LDS in all the specimen, mock, past and practice papers (your teacher should provide you with all of these).

I think if you do all of this then you'll be better prepared than most and should be able to tackle an LDS question in the real thing.

Thankyou so much!
(edited 5 years ago)
thanks @Notnek, you're a life saver!!
Original post by Sir Cumference

Thanks your a life saver! My teacher never told us about this!
Reply 7
Original post by Sir Cumference

Thank you so much! :smile:
Reply 9
Thank you very much
Original post by Htn_02

Try this https://youtu.be/SoB-N-f1qo8
Original post by Notnek

Thank you very much!

Quick Reply

Latest