Filtration
Distillation
Crystallisation
Chromatography
Original post by Adi15
Electrolysis!😩
Reply 21
Original post by Wolfymayaleader
Hehe not necessarily it could be chem or phy depending on how difficult people found the question. Because I KNOW I’ll fail physics off the bat. For a student doing Higher for biology and foundation on chemistry and physics triple.

this is the combined thread. :colonhash:
Reply 22
so how sure are u on this would u say its 50/50 and does anyone have any last min advice
Original post by s.m999
guys i've been thinking about this paper and I found a correlation

every year for comb sci aqa release 1 of the 6 papers that is purely designed to screw us over.

the 2018 paper was chem paper 1, (look at the tsr thread for that and have a look at the paper on the aqa website).
this year, 2019, that paper was bio paper 1.

fair enough from aqa i guess. that was the 1 out of 6 papers to screw us over. and we've already done it.

the silver lining is though the rest should be relatively straightforward.
the one out of 6 papers designed to screw us we've already done, last year was chem paper 1, this year was bio paper 1.
Reply 23
Is titration on combined science aqa???😏
Original post by Adi15
Is titration on combined science aqa???😏

no its triple
Reply 25
that's ac a sticky one cos in practice papers or combined titrations comes up u don't need the specifics but u need to know what it does
Original post by Shania Paul
no its triple
Original post by hqr_10
that's ac a sticky one cos in practice papers or combined titrations comes up u don't need the specifics but u need to know what it does

could be ill still give it a read
How are you doing higher, foundation and triple all at the same time
Original post by Wolfymayaleader
Hehe not necessarily it could be chem or phy depending on how difficult people found the question. Because I KNOW I’ll fail physics off the bat. For a student doing Higher for biology and foundation on chemistry and physics triple.
Reply 28
Does anyone think there will be a 6 marker on chromatography? it's the only one i don't know lol

Spoiler

Reply 29
Original post by Anonymous5005
Omg me tooooo

lolll i prefer BTS tho.
Original post by faimah
lolll i prefer BTS tho.

same
but i admire other groups as well but BTS at the main
I bet there will be titration and hydrogen powered car questions come up on combined. Hope AQA don't screw us over like biology, but I see the unlikelyhood of it being easy.
i’m so scared sksk
Went really well !
Just got out of that exam. Gotta say it was quite reasonable. Unlike biology, I'd say it was mostly relevant to what was learnt. Bits of it were a bit meh, but overall I found it alright.
Reply 35
The exam was okay
I really liked the exam, I thought overall the exam was fair and a lot better than biology. Here are some of my maths answers, but remember everyone we are not examiners so don't panic if anyone's answers conflict with anyone else - we don't know the mark-scheme!

Question about percentage mass of oxygen - 60%
Rate of Reaction of electrode mass - 0.2 g/h
Bond energy change - something like 220 kj? can't remember but something like that
Atoms in 1g of argon - again, can't remember exactly but something like 1.505 x 10 (to the power of 22)

Can't remember other ones. I think these were the main maths questions.
The exam was easier than last year
The only question that annoyed me was the one about 'How did scientists order elements in the early periodic table'. 'Early' is a bit vague - it could either refer to arranging by atomic weight or Newland's law of octaves. Hopefully, they accept either answer, and it's only a 1 marker.
For the 6 marker on investigating the temperature change of ammonium nitrate (something like that) with water, I basically explained the hydrocloric acid and sodium hydroxide in a polystyrene cup experiment, but obviously changed the reactants and some other things. Anyone else put this? It was the only thing I could think of!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending