The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Combined Trilogy Chemistry 8464 - Paper 1 - 16th May 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yea I got the same but it’s -220
Original post by birdnerd
I really liked the exam, I thought overall the exam was fair and a lot better than biology. Here are some of my maths answers, but remember everyone we are not examiners so don't panic if anyone's answers conflict with anyone else - we don't know the mark-scheme!

Question about percentage mass of oxygen - 60%
Rate of Reaction of electrode mass - 0.2 g/h
Bond energy change - something like 220 kj? can't remember but something like that
Atoms in 1g of argon - again, can't remember exactly but something like 1.505 x 10 (to the power of 22)

Can't remember other ones. I think these were the main maths questions.
Same
For the 6 marker on investigating the temperature change of ammonium nitrate (something like that) with water, I basically explained the hydrocloric acid and sodium hydroxide in a polystyrene cup experiment, but obviously changed the reactants and some other things. Anyone else put this? It was the only thing I could think of!
That last question was a gift I can’t lie
Exam went well!
How Much do u think the grade boundaries would increase?
ah, i forgot to put a minus! ah well, hopefully I'll get most of the marks for at least (hopefully?) getting the correct value. good luck with your other exams :smile:
Original post by Saiiiif
isnt it-220?
Original post by Saiiiif

I really liked the exam, I thought overall the exam was fair and a lot better than biology. Here are some of my maths answers, but remember everyone we are not examiners so don't panic if anyone's answers conflict with anyone else - we don't know the mark-scheme!

Bond energy change - something like 220 kj? can't remember but something like that
Atoms in 1g of argon - again, can't remember exactly but something like 1.505 x 10 (to the power of 22)

honestly, i was so happy when I read it and saw (6 marks).
Original post by Curious110
That last question was a gift I can’t lie
Reply 48
I wrote that as well
Yea I put -220

Original post by ZainKhan14
isnt it-220?
Reply 50
Original post by faimah
omg u like TXT?????? samesss

yhhh i luuhhhhvvv TXT
I'm not sure if you put a minus if it ask for "the difference"
I think it depends on whether or not it asked for "the difference between" or "the difference"
Original post by AmelieMoat
I'm not sure if you put a minus if it ask for "the difference"
Original post by faimah
omg u like TXT?????? samesss

AYYYY x whos ur bias?
hey yall!
Original post by gocrazygostupid
hey yall!

hey, how did you find the exam? :smile:
Yh same i did exactly that to yay!
For the 6 marker on investigating the temperature change of ammonium nitrate (something like that) with water, I basically explained the hydrocloric acid and sodium hydroxide in a polystyrene cup experiment, but obviously changed the reactants and some other things. Anyone else put this? It was the only thing I could think of!
Reply 57

For bond energy I put -220kJ, (reactants- products).
Reply 58

Yeah!! That's exactly what I put; insulated polystyrene cup with a thermometer.
Reply 59
that exam was a blessing ngl

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending