The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Maginification question?
What about the question that was like 'Explain why the axolotl may die if the water had a low oxygen concentration'?
That was probably the only question I wasn't entirely sure about XD
Reply 82
wha? i had no clue what i was doing just random calculations and spoke about diffusion
EDIT: sorry, i mean no, yes thats exactly what i did xD
Original post by sqrt of 5
that is exactly what you had to write about xD

[post="83182118"]save[/post]
damn, i put excess glucose means more respiration so more water waste
Original post by maxdymond
Diabetes and water loss question was regarding the osmosis required practical I believe.
8 maybe. Grade boundaries will be higher
Original post by Rebekah2811
I think I got about 67 marks what grade do you think that’ll be
Yeah I think I did this
Original post by maxdymond
I swear the magnification one was 4000, had to change cm to mm? 24/0.006?
you could also say take readings every 10 minutes as opposed to every 20 minutes and use an LED lamp to reduce the effect of temperature on the rate of photosynthesis
Original post by Heyitsemilymay
I put the same
i put use gas syringe and use a heat screen to stop temperature changing rate

Original post by Shadowkillz98410
For how to make the photo synthesis one more valid I put use Gad syringe matead and get someone else to repeat the experiment and check if results are similar. Is this right
What did you put for the one that asked why the capillary tube was narrow?
i talked about how you can detect or identify the cancer cells because the monoclonal antibody would bind to the antigens and stuff, and then i sad it releases a dye?? to detect it?? and then you can scan from outside the body to ionise the cancer cells?

im not sure about the dye part, because i was trying to decide between dye or if you'd attach a chemical to the monoclonal that kills the cancer cells
Original post by Erevising45
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.
Yeah that’s what i did
Original post by Aryan3031
monoclonal antibodies are produced from one b-lymphocyte that produces antibodies specific to the cancer cell
this make the monoclonal antibodies also specific to the cancer cell
these then bind to the cancer cell and alert other white blood cells to destroy the cell
I put the gas syringe and put a beaker in between the lamp and pondweed to stop the heat from the lamp effecting the rate of photosynthesis.
Original post by Heyitsemilymay
I put the same
Reply 92
This chat is stressing me out 😂😂
Yeah it was already in mm
Original post by angry ape.30
it was 0.06
what was the digitalis question about?
Original post by Char2109
some of my maths ones were 400 for the microscope one, 3.3, 91 and 10.4

same
This exam was so easy that I was over complicating it :smile:)))
what did you put? I said they had less oxygen so less respiration- less energy produced- cannot function
Original post by AestheticEnergy
What about the question that was like 'Explain why the axolotl may die if the water had a low oxygen concentration'?
That was probably the only question I wasn't entirely sure about XD
Same
Original post by angry ape.30
damn, i put excess glucose means more respiration so more water waste
The diabetes one was to do with higher glucose levels in blood, so more water drawn then more lost due to osmosis

Latest

Trending

Trending