The Student Room Group

GCSE Biology Study Group 2023-2024

:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Biology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

Scroll to see replies

heyyy
I do aqa biology
for revsiison i’d recommend seneca and cognito
i’ve got a test on friday but there’s just so much to learn and we haven’t even finished the course yet 😭
Original post by agent_duck343
heyyy
I do aqa biology
for revsiison i’d recommend seneca and cognito
i’ve got a test on friday but there’s just so much to learn and we haven’t even finished the course yet 😭

I do aqa too!
I'm kinda stressing rn bc my teacher is teaching us the lessons so slow and idk how we're ever going to finish learning all the topics before gcses start lmao
Reply 3
Aqa as well, and same here we haven't even finished the all the topics yet!
Hi, I do aqa (triple) and I use seneca, cognito and watch free science lessons on YouTube
Reply 5
Hello
I do AQA Biology - Higher
Does anyone have a sheet filled with all the equations in biology paper 1 and paper 2?
Reply 6
Hii!

I do Edexcel Biology Higher (triple)
I love biology because it's an interesting subject
I use CGP Revision Guides however I think that Protein synthesis, evolution, cells and control are my weakest points
Hi guys! A level Biology student here! I achieved 9s across all my science GCSEs, despite being predicted a 4. The biggest piece of advice I have is to FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH EXAM QUESTIONS. The best way to do this is by completing the Physics and Maths tutor questions for each topic and the past papers for your exam board.

To learn the content:

Work through the videos and questions on Cognito, this is great for building your understanding, as well as actively recalling the information.

Watch the FreeScienceLessons videos. He should cover most of the content for all exam boards.

FreeScienceLessons link -> https://www.youtube.com/@Freesciencelessons

Invest in a whiteboard and pen, but paper will also work. Read through the specification points for your exam board, and write down on your whiteboard everything you can remember for the point (e.g, specific biological processes). This is active recall and is essential for building your long term memory.

Most importantly DO NOT STRESS! GCSEs are a very small part of your life, and in order to achieve the grades you want you must maintain a healthy balance! Make sure to reach out if you are struggling!

I hope this helps! Feel free to message me or reply to this if you have any questions! ☺️
Reply 8
Original post by erin282888441
Hi guys! A level Biology student here! I achieved 9s across all my science GCSEs, despite being predicted a 4. The biggest piece of advice I have is to FAMILIARISE YOURSELF WITH EXAM QUESTIONS. The best way to do this is by completing the Physics and Maths tutor questions for each topic and the past papers for your exam board.

To learn the content:

Work through the videos and questions on Cognito, this is great for building your understanding, as well as actively recalling the information.

Watch the FreeScienceLessons videos. He should cover most of the content for all exam boards.

Invest in a whiteboard and pen, but paper will also work. Read through the specification points for your exam board, and write down on your whiteboard everything you can remember for the point (e.g, specific biological processes). This is active recall and is essential for building your long term memory.

Most importantly DO NOT STRESS! GCSEs are a very small part of your life, and in order to achieve the grades you want you must maintain a healthy balance! Make sure to reach out if you are struggling!

I hope this helps! Feel free to message me or reply to this if you have any questions! ☺️

i have mock exam what to do
Original post by Daniboynah

i have mock exam what to do

Use cognito to watch videos for the topics in your exam, and answer the questions that follow. Use physics and maths tutor to access a range of past paper questions for the topics in your exam. Answer these and mark them. Take a note of the areas you aren’t too strong on and work on these more😊Best of luck!
Use cognito to watch videos for the topics in your exam, and answer the questions that follow. Use physics and maths tutor to access a range of past paper questions for the topics in your exam. Answer these and mark them. Take a note of the areas you aren’t too strong on and work on these more😊Best of luck!

i use CGP books and am doing seperate sciences. i just had my mock exam it was ok. We sat the 2023 GCSE resit paper. The questions were quite challenging.
Original post by Pwca
:hello: Welcome to the GCSE Biology Study Group! :hello:

This is where you can chat with other students studying the same subjects as you and support each other as you head towards your exams :grouphugs:

You can post any useful tips and resources that you come across, offer support to others, share your successes, or just have moan when it gets tough! :yes:

Just remember, it’s against the site rules to ask for or offer any copyrighted papers, or to take conversations off-site to do these things. Posts that break these rules will be removed.

A few possible ice breaker questions are:
What exam board are you with?
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course?

Specifications

Good luck with the next few months. Remember, ask for help, support where you can and together we can do this! :yeah:

What exam board are you with? i am doing igcse cambride
What do you enjoy most about this subject/ course?i enjoy biology math physics
What area do you struggle with in this subject/ course? i struggle with chemistry the most
We used the 2023 biology paper for our November mocks and when we got our results, everyone did terrible. There was only one 7 and one 8 and the rest were below. Was the paper hard or are we just not that good at bio?

i use CGP books and am doing seperate sciences. i just had my mock exam it was ok. We sat the 2023 GCSE resit paper. The questions were quite challenging.

Yes 2023 papers were difficult! Have you found out how you did?
Difficult paper! Exam boards really stepped it up after COVID as they want to straighten out the grades. My year (2022) was the last to have any advance info and some topics were left out. Bear in mind that by sitting these exams, as difficult as they might be, is the BEST form of revision and preparation for your GCSEs! My school used really hard papers they made up themselves in order to prepare us. It really means that nothing will shock you when it comes to the real paper.
Original post by ayshayusuf
We used the 2023 biology paper for our November mocks and when we got our results, everyone did terrible. There was only one 7 and one 8 and the rest were below. Was the paper hard or are we just not that good at bio?

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=99070328
Yes 2023 papers were difficult! Have you found out how you did?

i got a grade 9. it went wonderful.

i got a grade 9. it went wonderful.

Brilliant! Well done!
Reply 18
i was supposed to do it on thursday but had a day off and was made to do it during lesson on friday but couldnt concentrate i was just struggling so i ended up taking it home bc i answered like 4 questions.
Reply 19

To learn the content:

Hi!
Just wondering what exam board you did for your sciences?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending