The Student Room Group

Musical theatre

Anybody else starting studying musical theatre at university centre Shrewsbury in September (2019)?
Original post by beth_brewin99
Anybody else starting studying musical theatre at university centre Shrewsbury in September (2019)?

Hi Beth! We look forward to welcoming you in September, we hope that you manage to meet other Musical Theatre students :smile:
Me ! I've been looking for somebody too !!

Can I ask how it is. I’m starting September (2020)
I would really recommend this course all the lecturers are really talented and work very closely with you. It’s a really supportive environment and all the students have a good working relationship.
I would really recommend this course all the lecturers are really talented and work very closely with you. It’s a really supportive environment and all the students have a good working relationship.

What’s it like living there. Also what’s your accommodation like?
Original post by Jessie_soubieski
What’s it like living there. Also what’s your accommodation like?

Well there are 2 accommodation options I live in Tannery which is the newly built one the room is a good size and you get your own bathroom, have to share kitchen but that’s not really an issue as you all have your own space in there or I know that quite a few flats choose to shop together and share everything. Mardol House has the studio rooms which means you get a fridge and a microwave in your room and they are slightly bigger but it’s not as modern. Both are great though.
Well there are 2 accommodation options I live in Tannery which is the newly built one the room is a good size and you get your own bathroom, have to share kitchen but that’s not really an issue as you all have your own space in there or I know that quite a few flats choose to shop together and share everything. Mardol House has the studio rooms which means you get a fridge and a microwave in your room and they are slightly bigger but it’s not as modern. Both are great though.

Perfect Thankyou for the help. I was also wondering what type of dance you do within the course. Do you do ballet/tap etc or is it just jazz.
Original post by Jessie_soubieski
Perfect Thankyou for the help. I was also wondering what type of dance you do within the course. Do you do ballet/tap etc or is it just jazz.

In first year the main focus is on jazz to try and build up everybody’s basic technique and try to get everybody to the same level. We had a guest teacher come in and do tap with us for a few months; and the dance studio is always available for us to book out and practice in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending