The Student Room Group

Trinity Laban Audition

Hiya, I have an audition for trinity Laban next week and I was wondering if anyone would have any advice? I know they will do a small interview with me but I was wondering if anyone would know what kind of questions I could expect??
Original post by _poppy_12345_
Hiya, I have an audition for trinity Laban next week and I was wondering if anyone would have any advice? I know they will do a small interview with me but I was wondering if anyone would know what kind of questions I could expect??

Hi Poppy,

Great to hear that you’re coming to audition to Trinity Laban! We’re really looking forward to meeting you.

I believe you’re auditioning for our Musical Theatre programme? (As I found another post by you on this site regarding Musical Theatre audition advice). My best advice for these auditions would be to enjoy it as much as possible. The students that you’ll be auditioning with will potentially be your friends for life, so make the most of the opportunity by introducing yourself to everyone and have a casual chat with them. That will hopefully put you at ease for the rest of the audition day and interview!

It’s most likely that you will have the chance to talk about your experiences, what you hope to achieve by studying with us and expand on your career ambitions. Come prepared to talk about a number of things, for example, the music you listen to at home, theatre shows you’ve attended, performance experiences you've had etc. Also, interviews in general are not just for the panel to assess your suitability for the course, but also an opportunity for you to ask questions back and help you decide if you think this is the right place for you. Treat it as a two-way conversation rather than a stereotypical scary interview!

Hope this all helps! Feel free to reply to this thread if you have any other burning questions. We’d love to hear from you.

In the meantime, best of luck for the audition!

Isaku
Original post by _poppy_12345_
My daughter had one in feb and nobody had a one to one interview ! You sing in front of everyone and dance you learn was more contemporary based !
Hello trinity Laban
May I ask when you let people know if they have gained a lace ?
My daughter auditioned for musical theatre course in feb !
Thanks so much all the waiting is torture for us mums 🫣

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending